Fresh Mint Chip Frozen Yogurt

This mint frozen yogurt recipe from the soon-to-be-released Sprouted Kitchen cookbook is brilliant. The recipe combines two parts Greek yogurt with one part cream to make a luscious mint-blasted treat. I thought I'd share this gem of a recipe today, and give you a little peek at the book as well. It's full of inspired, beautifully photographed, whole food recipes - and I suspect you're all going to love it.

Mint Frozen Yogurt RecipeMint Frozen Yogurt RecipeMint Frozen Yogurt Recipe

First off, the frozen yogurt is a breeze to make. Sara uses fresh mint, and then boosts it with a bit of mint extract. Brown rice syrup is used as the sweetener - rich and malty in flavor, with much less edge than refined sugar. If you don't have access to brown rice syrup, you can swap in maple syrup or honey (I'd use 1/2 cup of either). My one tip when it comes to homemade ice cream or frozen yogurt? Churn to order. Few things are better.

Mint Frozen Yogurt Recipe

A few shots of the lovely book itself. :) The frozen yogurt is one thing, but I have about twenty other recipes earmarked as well. For example, have a look at this beautiful capellini. Or the roasted plum tartines down below.

Mint Frozen Yogurt Recipe

I was lucky to see an early, early version of the book (before it was bound and printed), and wrote a little quote for the back cover. Is it weird to share it here? I'm going to do it anyway. "The minute I landed on the Sprouted Kitchen website, years ago, I knew I'd stumbled on a kindred spirit. Everything I loved about the site extends itself beautifully into this cookbook - the vibrant focus on whole foods, the enticing photography, the inspired ingredient combinations, and Sara's approachable voice. I imagine this book being a welcome addition to many kitchens." It is available for pre-order here. And should be shipping before the end of the month.

Congrats Sara & Hugh, the book is a stunner.

Continue reading Fresh Mint Chip Frozen Yogurt...


No comments:

Post a Comment