A story about CTV Montral Television and the first spring greens

A plate filled with Spring Green Vegetables

I have a few tidbits to share. It seems to be happening a lot these days.

First of all. Thank you!

The workshop with Karen at Sunday Suppers is now sold out. So quickly! I am really thrilled to meet those of you who registered in June.

And in case you are wondering, there are still tickets available for the cooking class and supper on June 24th.

Secondly.

On Monday April 30thin short this coming MondayI will also be on CTV Montral television in the noon newscast. If you live in Canada, and more likely in the vinicity of Montral, you can watch the interview Mustumi Takahashi did with me last week. I loved meeting her. She made me feel very welcomed.

pumpkin pots de crme

Pumpkin pots de crme with berries

Thirdly.

These vegetables. Oh so pretty. They made my day.

I found them at my favorite picerie fine in town yesterdays afternoon while doing errands: baby Romanesco (making me *so* happy and eager for a plate of this food); pea shoots which shapes danced together; fiddleheads (I never resist these), and ramps. My name was written all over these Spring greens.

We ate the fiddleheads last night. I steamed them for two minutes. Then I sauteed them lightly in olive oil, adding garlic and fresh coriander for extra taste. They kept a crispy texture with a grassy, spring-like flavor we loved.

As to the ramps, I still have no idea yet how I will prepare them, although my inclination will most likely go for a preparation that involves eggs or potatoes.

Which prompts my question to you: Whats your favorite way to cook with ramps (wild leeks, in French al des bois)?

Bon weekend tous !

Share and Enjoy:PrintDiggdel.icio.usFacebookGoogle BookmarksTwitter


No comments:

Post a Comment