She made beet chips with me

gluten free homemade beet chips

Beet chips

This weekend, I wanted to prepare something fun for Lulu. Shes been sick with a cold. Shes rarely sick. But shes been a real trooper. And so despite her fever and runny nose, she wanted to spend time in the kitchen with me.

Je veux cuisiner avec toi maman, (I want to cook with you mummy) she said when she watched me peel the small beets I had kept from one of our late farmers markets. I had meant to keep them as long as I could. I had fallen in love with the colors.

Amongst others, Lulu likes crunchy foods. I am not blaming her. I do too. I knew that a bowl of finely sliced beet chips would make her happy.

All of us, as a matter of fact.

beet chips gluten free

So we cooked together. And we prepared beet chips. I can still see her eyes lighting with excitement when she noticed tiny bubbles form around the slices of beets inside the boiling oil.

Regarde toutes ces couleurs maman ! (Look at all of these colors mummy) she added. She was right to notice. They looked really pretty!

Tu veux ajouter le sel, (Do you want to add the salt?) I asked.

I knew she would.

Simple things to cheer my Lulu up.

And help her feel better.

Thank you so much to all of you for your emails about the workshop. Lara and I are really happy to have received such wonderful feedback. We will be back with more inform! ation ab out to register very soon.

Beet Chips

You need:

  • Baby beets*, peeled and finely sliced with a mandoline
  • Brown rice flour
  • Pinch of ground coriander
  • Fleur de sel
  • Vegetable oil, for high-temperature frying, like canola oil
  • *Any types of beets will do


Steps:

  • Pat the beet slices dry between towels.
  • Transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle with brown rice flour and a dash of ground coriander. Shake off the excess flavored flour.
  • In a medium-sized pot, heat the oil on high heat. When hot, add the beet slices, making sure that you are not overcrowding the pot. Let the beets fry for a few minutes, until they look crispy.
  • Using a slotted spoon, transfer onto paper towels to cool.
  • Repeat until you run out of beets.
  • Once cooled, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Enjoy!
Share and Enjoy:PrintDiggdel.icio.usFacebookGoogle BookmarksTwitter


No comments:

Post a Comment