Mt Jelliriffic!

DSC_8479.jpga


What I really wanted to make for the finale post for the Jelliriffic! Challenge was a chocolate marquise using After Eight Mints that my friend Su had bought for me from KL (none in KK, can you believe it!), as per Gordon Ramsey's recipe in an old issue of Good Food (can't tell you which isssue now because I'm in Hub's office and it's 11:25 pm). I wanted a chocolate shell that fits over the choc marquise, with the lines of the mountains but that failed because the choc shell couldn't be pried off the mould without breaking.

So what I did instead today was covered the choc marquise with melted dark choc with the intention of drawing the outline of the mould using a metal skewer but because the marquise was frozen (and it had to be or it'll melt fast in hot weather because it's so rich) so the melted choc hardened quickly when smeared onto the choc marquise. It was impossible to draw the lines on hardened choc. With trembling hands, I peeled the hardened choc off. Parts of the marquise came off with the hardened choc too. What a mess! In the end I drew the lines of the mountain on the marquise. It wasn't what I expected but I was thankful that at least it wasn't so bad looking.

For FIL's birthday tonight, I used pink choc to 'wrap' the choc cone. I think the cone done up this way would be great for a promotion cake, or a graduation cake to signify achievement

DSC_8601.jpga


I like using the mould to hold flowers too. It's small and looks classy enough on a wedding cake, don't you think?

DSC_8522.jpga


DSC_8543.jpga


So there you are, my last 3 ways to use the beautiful Jelliriffic! mould. It's been a stressful sleep-deprivedfun month. I want to thank all of you for staying with me and supporting this Challenge. Goodnight!

DSC_8624.jpga

Choc marquise is a very rich choc dessert which I usually can't eat more than two spoonfuls but the addition of mint choc in this recipe makes the choc marquise very refreshing and SO yummy! Thumbs up Gordon!

Gordon Ramsey's Choc Marquise (1 cone)
60 gm dark choc, melted
30 gm unsalted butter, softened
30 gm caster sugar
1.2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used Valrhona)
1 egg yolk (I omitted this; don't want raw eggs)
90 ml double cream
60 gm After Eight Mints

1. Whip the butter with the sugar.

2. Mix in the dark choc, the cocoa powder and the double cream. If using egg, whisk it with half the sugar and add in now.

3. Put a spoonful of choc marquise into the mould, place a small piece of mint on top. Repeat until mould is full. Cover with wrap and chill until hardened.




No comments:

Post a Comment