zucchini fritters

impromptu zucchini fritters

Everyones got their superheroes; Im sure when I was younger they were things like Super Grover and later, Jem but these days, theyre decidedly more humble: I admire the hell out of people who manage to put homemade meals on the table everyday, as this has never been my strong suit. It probably doesnt help that Ive spent the last year or so developing recipes for very specific things a side dish, a salad, a tart that dont exactly add up to be a dinner, and that NYC makes it quite easy to order in whatever parts of your meal you havent made at home. Im a terrible multitasker really, no fan of it at all and when Im making brioche, Im making brioche, and not brioche with a side of a pot of beans with something braising in the oven, no matter how much I wish I were.

humble servants
shredded

It also means that more often than not, I have a 4 p.m. panic as, whoops! someone will soon be hungry and I have no idea whats for dinner and true to form, this happened last Tuesday. For the better part of two days, Id been elbows deep in a truly epic cake I was making for the book but it turns out that even when youre the grown-up in the house, cake does not equal dinne! r, which of course crushes all of my earlier hopes and dreams about adulthood. Often well have something around that can become dinner eggs for omelets, vegetables for salad or even flour for a quick pizza dough but wed just returned from vacation and the fridge was sparse. For once, however, what I scratched together exceeded my expectations, in the form of zucchini fritters from the zucchinis that seem to be growing in my fridge this summer; I never remember buying them but theyre always around.

so tiny once drained

... Read the rest of zucchini fritters on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to zucchini fritters | no comment to date | see more: Appetizer, Photo, Summer, Vegetarian, Zucchini



No comments:

Post a Comment