Easy Sunday Lemon Pasta

IMG_5785

Sunday is special.

Sunday is my day for farmers market strolls, off-key church singing, and giant bowls of pasta.

Sunday is not my day for standing in long grocery store lines, trying terribly to sing on-key, and dainty salads.

I dont take out my measuring cups. I leave a few dirty dishes in the sink. I try not to work too hard excepts I end up working a bit anyway.

At least theres pasta.

IMG_5785

Easy Sunday Lemon Pasta

Cook pasta in boiling salted water. When the pasta is almost cooked through, add a good handful of frozen peas to the boiling water. When pasta is al dente, drain. Return hot pasta and peas to the pan. Douse liberally with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Add lemon zest if youd like. Sprinkle generously with red pepper flakes, salt, fresh chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.

For some added kick, saute some minced garlic and diced onions in olive oil and add to the hot pasta. Add chicken. Add grilled steak. Add roasted cherry tomatoes. Throw in a splash of cream. Basil! Oregano! More cheese! Live well. Its Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment