skirt steak with bloody mary tomato salad

skirt steak with blood mary tomato salad

Back when I started dreaming up a cookbook I would one day write, all I knew is what I didnt want: I did not want to work every weekday, weekend and evening on it, I did not want to set an insanely close deadline and then have to hastily throw together a book I wasnt pleased with and above all else I did not want the time I had to devote to this web space to become squeezed, although I understood that there would probably be a harried point right near the end that all three rules could be suspended for a good cause. And indeed, they have been. I hope to deliver my manuscript in August and its pretty all-consuming right now in a good way, because Im finally starting to see the whole thing coming together. So, if things are a bit slow between now and then, do understand that I cannot wait until late summer when my attentions can be what they were before my son was 4 months old, and instead of doing normal New Mom things like catching up on sleep or rounding up preschool applications (ha!), I decided that at my earliest convenience, I would write a book instead.

ready to begin
sherry vinegar-ing the onions

Nevertheless, not a day goes by when I do not cook and this past weekend, it was my favor! ite kind : the lazy kind, mostly whims. On Friday, well, Friday was a crazy day and Ill tell you about that real soon. It involved a cake Im auditioning for the cookbook and a late summer dish Ill tell you about even sooner. Also: photographers. It was a little scary, but it ended with some Vermontucky Lemonades, so I didnt mind. On Sunday, I caved to the blueberries and peaches and decided to make two pies, but left one with my in-laws and delivered another to friends at their new house and cant tell you how they came out because I wasnt there when anyone cut into them. But warm pie fresh from the oven? Im going to assume nobody complained. On Monday, I made a slaw and baked America one of those goofy berry-topped birthday cakes before heading out to watch the sun set behind Manhattan and catch the faintest glimpse of the New York Fireworks West Side of Manhattan and New Jersey Fireworks with friends.

so many tomatoes

... Read the rest of skirt steak with bloody mary tomato salad on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to skirt steak with bloody mary tomato salad | 9 comments to date | see more: Grilling, Meat, Photo, Salad, Summer, Tomatoes



No comments:

Post a Comment