The Marmalade Pantry (Jakarta)

Originally from Singapore, The Marmalade Pantry is a casual restaurant serving various Continental and Asian food. Compared to other eating joints nearby (Kitchenette, Bistro Baron, Bakerzin), it is much less popular even though the quality of the food and the prices are similar.

I think that Jakartans love their restaurants to be cute, charming or amusing, and The Marmalade Pantry has none of that. It is clean and bright, a bit soulless, just like a brand-new apartment in which nobody has lived in yet.

Concerning the food, I've had the opportunity to sample a few of their dishes. It is not delicious nor fine dining, but very decent for continental food in Jakarta. If it was about 30% cheaper, it would be a restaurant I would go to more often. I looked on other Jakarta-based food blogs to see what others had to say, and most reviewers were enthusiastic, especially with their desserts (that I haven't tried).

Here are some pictures of dishes I've had (no prices and no names as I didn't keep the bill... I think the burger was Rp55k++, the salads around Rp50k++, and the Nasi Goreng with King Prawn Rp80k++):
Overall: I think the Marmalade Pantry looks boring and it is probably too expensive, but at least you eat decent food in a relatively quiet environment. Another problem I had was that they have only one CD with ten cheesy songs, and if you stay there for 2 hours it becomes unbearable.
Opening hours:
Everyday from 10am to 9.30pm

The Marmalade Pantry
Plaza Indonesia - 1st Floor #E18-19
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav 28-30
Jakarta Pusat
Phone number: +62 21 315 4374

Website: http://www.marmaladejakarta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment