Grill'd @ Rosalie, Brisbane

In Malaysia, if you wanted to eat burgers, there's generally a couple of categories; the small stalls in the most random of streets, the fast food, the cafes and the high end.


In Australia, there is Grill'd. Sitting between fast food and cafe; fast enough to be considered fast food and a nicer ambience similar to the cafes we get here. With prices around AUD10 for a burger and a couple more for chips and a drink, the slight premium over the McDs and Hungry Jacks is well worth it.


Burgers are made to order but there's a well oiled team behind the open kitchen making sure you get your meal within 10 -15 minutes.


What appears to the star though for me at least, is the chips that is seasoned with some herbs, dipped into one of the three dips on offer.


There's something about chips since coming to Australia (I am pretty sure I have talked about this before), never have I been so willing to order chips with a meal (which explains the weight I have piled on), is the potatoes?


IMG_1140


The chips that you have to order.

IMG_1143

Burger wise, you have a pick of beef, chicken or lamb and that night the lamb burger was calling out to me and before I knew it, it was all in the tummy. Juicy patty, fresh lettuce, a yummy sauce to ro! und it a ll up and a nice bun too.

For a franchise concept, I must say I am quite impressed. Just the place for me when we feel too lazy to cook and want a burger without resorting to the unhealthy fast food version.

Address and contact details:

Grill'd on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. With Grill'd everywhere in the city and suburbs, you can take your pick but the Rosalie one is awesome, just because I can have gelati down the road after a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment