Review: Lunch @ Sevenseeds, Berkeley St, Carlton

Thanks to my parents, I would not know that Seven Seeds was just 8 minutes away from my apartment, via public transport. To be honest, I am at loss when it comes to deciding on where to bring my parents to go have lunch. First, my dad is not huge on fine dining. He just brings me to these places because I enjoy haute cuisine. Taking him into consideration, I decided to bring him to Seven Seeds. According to many bloggers, Seven Seeds serve amazing sandwiches, mind-blowing coffee and yummy desserts.

And my visit to Seven Seeds just reaffirmed the positive reviews about Seven Seeds.


Inconspicuous entrance

Factory-like cafe



Fresh flowers to break the brownness of the place




Toasted brioche, field mushrooms, free range egg, pesto



Pumpkin and ricotta sandwich, organic whole grain bread, rocket leaves



Chickpea and brown rice salad



Wholesome chocolate bun




Chocolate brownie that tastes more like a mud/fudge cake



Cappuccino no. 1



Cappuccino no. 2

Flat White (Macchiato)We ordered a couple of things. I had a Mediterranean inspired chickpea and brown rice salad. The brown rice had an interesting texture of half-cooked barley. The salad had the right amount of acidity and sweetness. It was also very healthy because it was not salty or oily at all.

The pumpkin and ricotta sandwich that my dad had was worth the praise. The toasted multigrain bread that was used was very fragrant. It reminded me of the Irrewarra's Breakfast Seed Loaf that I always had for breakfast. The pumpkin and ricotta were pleasant fillings. Again, it was not salty at all.

My sister's toasted brioche with mushrooms was another of our favorite. Most cafes put too much of salt on their flat field mushrooms but not Seven Seeds. The mushrooms were just sauteed. No salt was added. The pesto was not too oily either. The only complain was that the brioche was a little on the dark side, although some may beg to differ.

I felt that the mains were very democratic in the sense that one gets to decide how much salt and pepper to add into the dish. This is what I really love about Seven Seeds.

Apart from that, desserts were superb. The chocolate bun and chocolate brownie had generous amounts of dark chocolate! Most cafes serve horrible, overly sweet brownies! Coffee was great. Looking at the coffee is good enough to satisfy me. When it comes to coffee art, Seven Seeds totally ace it. Not only that, they know their coffee. ;) I cannot really describe how the coffee tastes like because it will do them no justice. You will have to try it out yourself.

Overall, Seven Seeds is my favorite cafe and breakfast place. More so than Hardware Societe and Cumulus INC. Plus, it is very near my uni. :D


Little things:

-Cuisine: Cafe

-Ambience: Very noisy. Best to go there early to avoid crowd.

-Budget: Cheap. Damage done - 55 AUD for 4 people

-Portions: Reasonable, bordering on generous
-Se rvice: Prompt. They keep clearing empty plates and cups up.

-Other information:


Seven Seeds on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment