Five Things for Monday

photo

I made you some truly despicable muffins this morning. They were full of peanut butter, and oats, and the best of intentions.

They were gross.

So here we are stuck staring each other in the face. Its bound to get awkward.

All I have for you is a picture of my desk.

Um. I love you. I doodle it sometimes.

Can I tell you about real life?

photo

Im one of those girls that wears a ring on her ring finger. I do that. Im not married. I bought my own dang ring and wear it on my ring finger. And I love it. And its not coming off until well, you know. Maybe it confuses dudes:

Wait is she married? She has a ring wait. Is that the right hand or left? Wait. That doesnt look like a wedding ring. Huh I wonder if shed give me her number so I can send her a text late at night, in like 2 weeks, and ask her whats shes doing. Cause Yea.

The ring confuses dudes. Im ok with that.

photo

I have a letter from my friend Tyler on my desk.

Hi Tyler.

Tyler is currently in Afghanistan being a soldier. I think about him and all the people over there doing brave things while I sit at my disk and complain about bad muffins. I think about them every day mostly because I dont want them to get shot, or shoot people, or get hurt, or hurt anyone but well thats tough.

!

I app reciate them so much.

photo

Ive got this manuscript on my desk.

THE manuscript. For my book. Its almost done.

In the meantime its kinda giving me nightmares. Like oh-my-god-this-is-a-dream-come-true nightmares.

Does that make sense?

photo

I also have this encyclopedia-type food styling book on my desk.

Its extensive and sufficiently overwhelming.

Wait is my desk stressing me out? Maybe just a little, tiny bit.

Im going to go make some vegan cookies, eat too many, and them tell you all about them. Real life.


No comments:

Post a Comment