Emilie (French Restaurant)

Emilie is among the most famous French fine-dining restaurants in Jakarta. It is currently headed by Mickael Robin, who previously worked as Chef de Partie in the Michelin-starred Espadon in Paris.

I visited Emilie for lunch on a Monday and it was empty. The prices are very high: If you order la carte, you should pay between Rp100k and Rp250k for an appetizer, and between Rp350k to Rp600k for a main dish. If you include the drinks, you'll end up paying Rp1 million for your meal. I avoided that by taking the lunch set menu: 3 courses for Rp300k++ (2 courses is Rp240k++).

I had the following dishes:
Amuse-BoucheChicken Liver Terrine with Orange MarmaladePan-seared Barramundi with orange and passion fruit hollandaiseFruit tart
I did not enjoy the terrine: It was too acid, too smooth and to be honest, I forced myself to finish it. The presentation was neat, but clearly, the product used was not the best quality. I know this is not Foie Gras, but still, you can get better stuff in any supermarket in France.

The main course was much better, even though the portion was tiny. This is the kind of dish you expect to eat in a fine-dining restaurant: Perfect cooking, a creative combination of flavours, and an original appearance.

The Fruit Tart was really average: The blueberries, probably frozen, were tasteless, and the custard cream was plain.

Overall: From the small sample of dishes I tried in Emilie, I don't consider it to be one of the best French restaurant in Jakarta. Riva, Amuz and Lyon gave me a much better impression: If you have to try one, choose one of these. In spite of that, Emilie is excellent when it comes to service, presentation and atmosphere. I just felt that they are not using the best products in their preparations, and this is too bad considering how expensive this restaurant is.
Opening Hou! rs:E veryday from 11.30am to 10.30pm

Emilie Restaurant
Senopati No. 39
South Jakarta
Email: sales@emilierestaurant.com
Phone number: +62-21 521 3626

No comments:

Post a Comment