30 Things For 30 Years

quarters

Three months ago, I set up a challenge for myself. I wanted to run through a list of 30 tasks before I turned 30 years old.

You helped me build my list of tasks! You started your own lists. It feels like were all out in the world trying to do good, be better and share cupcakes.

Except. Well. Um

I havent given you an update on my 30 Things list because well Ive already gone and turned 30 and Im no where near done with my list.

So! The 30 Things Before 30 Years has become 30 Things For 30 Years.

Its a work in progress. Im a work in progress. So far, it all feels pretty good.

Heres the list thats going to keep me busy this summer.

Lets be better to ourselves, for ourselves, to each other, for each other. Lets just do that, and be that, and make a list about that now!

IMG_1897

30 Things For 30 years:

Eat 1 giant birthday hot dog with sauerkraut, spicy mustard, and beer.

It was a pretzel. There was coffee. It was awesome.

IMG_2178

Send flowers to 2 friends.

Workin.

Buy 3 strangers their morning coffee.

1 down, 2 to go.

Take 4 new people to church on Sunday.

2 down, 2 to go.

Make 5 new friends.

Done! But these people might not know were friends yet. Were friends. This summer Ill prove it!

IMG_2179

Mail 6 hand-written letters.

Inspired by the PenPal Project so far Ive written 78 letters. No joke.

Compliment 7 strangers.

I love this. Mostly because its awesome to tell people that they look pretty.

Leave 8 lucky quarters on the ground.

Done. Easy.

Send 9 of my favorite books to 9 of my favorite people.

Workin.

Smile at 10 strangers.

I try to do this everyday. It really does feel awesome.

Go in for 11 high-fives.

Workin. Awkward every time.

IMG_1868

Give away 12 fresh cupcakes.

Mind blowers.

Send 13 postcards to 13 blog readers.

Done!

Tip my waitress $14 above average.

Done!

Leave 15 nice comments on 15 other blogs.

Gotcha!

Make (at leas! t) 16 co ffee ice cream cream puffs.

Workin.

IMG_2181

Enjoy 17 beach sunsets.

Workin.

Give (at least) $18 to my favorite charity.

Workin.

Pick 19 super ripe figs.

Can. Not. Wait.

IMG_2180

Ride my bike at least 20 miles.

Whitney! Its me and you!

Give 21 bits of advice to a new 21 year old.

I did this!

Make 22 beers. Yea make beer.

Andrea! Were doing this!

Stay up for 23 hours just for kicks and bourbon.

Who wants to play sleep-over!?

Take and develop 24 pictures with film.

Workin.

Take a 25 year old out to lunch.

I need a 25 year old LA friend who is hungry.

Take 26 yoga classes.

Workin. I own you downdog. (not really).

Clean my closet and give away 27 things.

Lets be real it could have been way more than 27 things.

Learn 28 new words.

Workin.

IMG_2182

Write down the beauty of the da! y for 29 days.

Workin.

Tell 30 people why I am grateful theyre in my life.

All the time. Super important.


No comments:

Post a Comment