Simply Cooking: Tamarind Fish.

I apologize for the lack of posts these days. I'm so drained. Plus, I've been diagnosed with iron deficiency thanks to my three week Clotrimazole bleeding and my increasingly stressful lifestyle (essays, problematic skin, being cheated, existential crisis etc). Due to this, I've been cooking simple dishes, such as this tamarind fish dish.

I basically just poached two pieces of 200 grammes Ocean trout and top it off a my homemade sweet and sour tamarind sauce. Man, I just love sweet and sour food! You can also choose to microwave the fish, if you're really bad at poaching.

Poaching fish requires heating up water with some chicken bouillon, wine or assorted herbs and spices on low heat till you can see some smoke and putting your fish into the water for a good 10-20 minutes, depending on its size. While I poach the fish, I usually cut up vegetables and other things.

Picture is not at its best, thanks to horrible weather.
Recipe: Tamarind fish (Serves 2)

A: Sauce
-1 inch of young ginger, skin peeled, sliced
-1 shallots, finely sliced
-1 spring onion, finely chopped (It's better if you have coriander)
-2 tablespoons of tamarind puree (Buy the ones that are already pureed!)
-1 teaspoon of palm sugar/ honey (Add more if it is too sour for your liking)
-1 tablespoon of fish sauce (You can add a little soy sauce if you want)
-A little lime juice or lemon vinegar (Just a little)
-1 teaspoon of cooking wine/ mirin/ Chinese rice wine
-1 drop of sesame oil
-A pinch of pepper

B: Fish
-Half a pot of water
-A teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder, pick the ones with no MSG in the ingredients list!
-2 bay leaves
-5 peppercorns
-A dash of wine

Instructions:

1. Poach fish. For v! isual in structions, click here

2. Mix ingredients form list A into a bowl. Microwave high for 10-20 seconds. Mix well.

3. Remove fish from poaching liquid. Place in a bowl. Top fish with sauce. Serve with greens and rice.


Hope you enjoyed this recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment