Sea Salt Baked Potatoes

I don't know what happened, but it has been years since I've baked potatoes. And by baked potatoes, I mean the classic kind - crispy jackets split open to reveal a fluffy white potato interior. The kind of potato flesh that likes to drink butter and mainline salt. But, on a quick grocery run after returning from Marfa, the russets were calling me. I remembered a simple, sea-salt baked potato recipe in Nigel Slater's Tender, grabbed some arugula, and was pretty confident I had everything else I'd need at home.

Baked Potato Recipe

On the road trip front, a number of you have asked, somewhat incredulously, why we would drive to Marfa, Texas. To which I sort of tilt my head, and start thinking more about it. There seems to be a long answer and a short answer. The short? We went to see visit this. The longer answer - we drove through Palm Springs, and Valentine, Canyon de Chelly, and Willcox. And cooked at beautiful rest stops, and took lots of pictures, and caught up on magazines, and sat in the sun, and saw this, and ate dinner outside more nights than not. I've driven through the Southwest and parts of northern Mexico a good number of times now, and West Texas is particularly be! autiful. When you're out in the middle of the desert, its quiet. So so so so quiet. I love it.

Baked Potato Recipe

The potatoes? Really good too - give them a go. The spicy arugula and luxe dressing works perfectly. Top with a fried egg, and you've got a meal on your hands. And for any of you who have {or will be) cooking recipes from Tender, feel free to join in here.

Continue reading Sea Salt Baked Potatoes...


No comments:

Post a Comment