Simply Cooking: Modified Pad Kee Mao (Drunken Noodles)


I apologize for the lack of recipes. These days, I've bee cooking really simple dishes, like Tonkatsu - Gochujang dressing on top of pulled poached chicken breast, bonito scrambled egg and blanched vegetables...

Why?

Because I'm enamored by the idea of writing a Sino-American-Taiwan foreign relations in the context of 9/11. I finally discovered how history is related to psychology in so many ways this year, that's why I'm increasingly smitten by my history subjects. Not sure if I can say the same for my Winter Semester and Second Semester History subject but let the love bloom for the moment!

I found it very funny how a few foreign policy makers can affect a country's relations with another, and by doing so, it will eventually have an impact on other ties as well. Then this will in turn, have an effect the government of the countries involved and trickle down to the public. Thinking about this makes me feel like a neuron in a brain. Although I am insignificant, the action potential generated does contribute to the overall pattern of a neural response or a motor activity.

Sorry, I got sidetracked there. I was suppose to blog about my Drunken Noodles. I made this last year and have not got about posting it. So, here it is:


Not quite drunken.
Recipe: Drunken Noodles (Serves 2)

Ingredients:

A:
-300 grammes of mince meat (pork or chicken), marinated in soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil

B:
-2 servings of broad rice noodles, OR 2 servings of mung bean thread noodles (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes)
-1 tablespoon of olive oil + 2 drops of sesame oil
-2 sha! llots, f inely sliced
-2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
-1 chili, chopped

C:
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
-1 teaspoon of soy sauce
-1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce
-1 tablespoon of fish sauce
-1 teaspoon of raw brown sugar
-0.5 teaspoon of rice vinegar

D:
-1/2 cup packed of Thai Basil leaves
-200 grammes of beanshoots
-A pinch of pepper

E:
-Some filtered water

Instructions:

1. In a pan, heat up oil on high heat, add garlic, chili and shallots. Stir for 1 minute until fragrant.

2. Then, add in meat. Stir until nearly cooked. Add a little water halfway to give it a kick of moisture.

3. Add the noodles. Add in ingredients from list C. If using glass noodles, add a little water for a smoother texture but not too much because at this time, you will add beanshoots. Keep stirring on medium heat until noodles appear bouncy. You can add a little chicken bouillon powder if you want.

4. Turn to low heat. Add Basil leaves, a pinch of pepper and more fish sauce for flavor. :) Stir for 1 minute. Turn off heat, dish up and serve with lettuce and tomatoes. More greens are good for your health!



Finally, one backlog down! I have more to come! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment