Happy Mother's Day!

Wey came to my bed an hour ago with a breakfast tray. What is it about breakfast in bed on Mother's Day? It just melts me and makes me happy to be a mom!

P1470741_640x480
"The milk has gone bad, there's no juice and I can't find the maple syrup. If I could drive, I would shop and make you a better breakfast." The pancakes were soft and fluffy, the egg perfect and the nutella and jam a nice change to maple syrup. And I love the scented rose from our garden.Wey, this is the best breakfast ever.

When my two older kids were around, they competed with each other to make Mother's Day breakfast for me. I remember one year one of them made toast and the other instant noodles. I had to eat everything. Now both older kids haven't been around for Mother's Day for many years. Yi has lived and studied in Australia the last 7 years and just left last Friday to start work in the Shanghai branch of Australia's largest architecture firm, Hassell, and Ming is still studying in Australia. I miss them but hey I still have my Wey.


Good to know that we aren't the only family with a Brad: the one who either doesn't smile or smiles the weirdest.

Motherhood is bittersweet but I won't complain today.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment