Is winter here yet: Triple Hot Chocolate

The weather is so cold that my body is screaming for triple hot chocolate. Yes, triple. Why triple? Because it has non-sweetened milo powder, cocoa powder and real bits of dark chocolate in it. It sounds really sinful but because I usually pass the milk and use Coffee Mate instead, it has lesser calories than the standard hot chocolate. Plus, I add cinnamon and nutmeg, which are good in reducing insulin spike.




Recipe: Triple Hot Chocolate


-Ingredients:

-2 teaspoons of milo powder (non-sweetened, no added milk)
-2 teaspoons of cocoa powder (You can use Homebrand)
-1 small piece of Lindt 85 percent dark chocolate
-1/2 teaspoon of sugar or honey ( I prefer using honey)
-1 teaspoon of Coffee Mate (Don't use this if using milk)
-A little cinnamon + nutmeg powder
-150ml of hot water/ 100 ml of hot milk + 50 ml of hot water

-Instructions:

Add dry ingredients into a cup. Followed by a little hot water (50ml). Mix well until solids dissolve. Then add 100 ml of hot water or milk.





Since it's so cold, it's an excuse to buy Christmas goodies such as a spiced loaf or a gingerbread man.

To be honest, I hate the cold as much as I hate the heat. I cannot stand the idea of me being in summery New York and flying back to wintry Melbourne. It'll be hell. No, I'm not excited about New York at all. I should have forgo Chinese New Year and done Chinese history for summer semester instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment