Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake Guest Post

It seems that my buddy Liz had a vision to make an amazing cheesecake. Thankfully the vision did not come to her through a burning bush. It looks so wonderful everyone needs to see it.

I think I was blessed by a higher power. Seriously, I was just sitting with my sister in her kitchen, drinking tea, when suddenly, out of nowhere, I decided that I needed to make a Froot Loops cheesecake (it became a Fruity Pebbles cheesecake later, when I observed that Fruity Pebbles were practically already crushed, thus lessening my workload). My only complaint about the whole thing is that the higher power in question didn't strike me with the motivation and determination to do something slightly more profitable, like build an ark or take over a country. But we take what we can get in this life, and I took this cheesecake to Awesome Town. And then Easter dinner.

Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake

Crust:
1 1/2 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal, crushed
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted

Filling:
1 block cream cheese, softened
8 ounces non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Extra Fruity Pebbles for decorating.

For the crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine crushed Fruity Pebbles and melted butter in 9 inch pie dish. Press down and up around sides of dish. Bake for ten minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.

For the filling: Place cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and va! nilla ex tract in mixing bowl. Mix on high for a couple minutes, or until completely combined. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate overnight. Decorate with extra Fruity Pebbles
.

No comments:

Post a Comment