Hennessy X.O Appreciation Grows Gastronomy 2011

Hennessy X.O Appreciation Grows Gastronomy 2011

with one of the 10 Hottest Chef Alive*, Chef Cheong Liew

The buzzer rang in the middle of the day. The guard says someones here to deliver a parcel. I tell him to send the courier up, hang up and scratch my head. I didnt order anything It wasnt my birthday it definitely wasnt Valentines day! What could it be?

Moments later, a slender envelope was placed in my hands, stiff to the touch and mysterious in appearance. I shut the door and tore a the seal, ripping the envelope open and pulled out the sleek, black and gold invitation and clapped my hands in joy!

Hennessy X.O Appreciation Grows Gastronomy 2011 presents its First Installment of Gastronomic Experience with one of the 10 Hottest Chef Alive*, Chef Cheong Liew.

Hennessy Cheong Liew

Ahh I sighed in pleasure, remembering last years unforgettable event with Hong Kong BO Innovation Chef Alvin Leung. It was truly The Flavours of Perfection, all in one event, and I was going to get to do it all over again!

Ive eaten Cheong Liews food several times now when he cooked at Senses by Cheong Liew, Hilton KL. The first time I met him was back in 2009, at the Senses 5th Anniversary Dinner.

CheongMe

Of course, having the convenience of my other half being the Chef the Cuisine at Senses also means that Ive had the privilege of knowing and spending time ! with Che ong Liew outside of formal settings. Weve had a few Medan Imbi Sang Har Meen and Jalan Alor suppers, and even checked out his new restaurant, The Botanical in Melbourne, while it was still under construction. Knowing him on a personal level has given me greater insight into this man, this cook, who has successfully blended Asian culture with Australian ingredients and classical French technique, to become one of Australias most influential chefs to develop and influence the style of contemporary Australian cuisine.

This year, I cant wait to savour in his creations once again, and thanks to Hennessey, I will do just that in an even more extraordinary location.

The Hennessy X.Os Appreciation Grows Gastronomy 2011 series is set to bring gastronomic pleasures in the tranquil grounds of the sole surviving major Anglo-Indian mansion outside India, the Suffolk House in Penang.

Talk about your remarkable venues!

This years Hennessy X.O Appreciation Grows Gastronomy event will allow guests to discover the savoir-faire in the art of selection, the art of aging and the art of blending and drawing as much pleasure from the flavours, aromas and beauty of a fine cognac crafted flawlessly, said Mr. Frederic Noyere, Managing Director of Mot Hennessy Diageo Malaysia.

A partnership that will surely not disappoint!

Yam Seng!

Details of the event:

DATE: 11 13 May 2011

VENUE: Suffolk House

For further information, please call 603-2178 0230 or log on to www.hennessyxo.com.my.


No comments:

Post a Comment