Tong Sui @ Jalan Dr Krishnan, Seremban

Tong sui, literally meaning "sugar water" is a Cantonese dessert and can refer to hot or cold sweet soup. There is a stall in Jalan Dr Krishnan (opposite Eu Yan Sang) which sells very good tong sui. We have been frequenting this shop since I was in my teens (a long time ago!). We observed that the business has now changed hands to the previous owner's son. This stall only operates at night, and a few tables will be set up at the sidewalks or you could take away the desserts. That evening, there were 3 types of desserts available. We ordered all 3 for takeaway.





The hong dao sui (red bean soup) here has always been my mum's favorite. With generous amounts of red bean and the right consistency, this is a sure winner.



I am usually not a big fan of fah sang wu (peanut soup), however I found the one that we ate that evening very pleasant. It was aromatic, smooth, creamy and thick. Just like eating peanut butter!


This I like - the fu chuk yi mai (beancurd sheets and barley soup) has always been one of my favorites. Not too sweet, you will find gingko, barley, beancurd sheet pieces, and a quail's egg in your bowl. This is suitable for those who prefer their dessert soup light and not too creamy.



Opening times: Evenings only, from 8pm (I think). Off days not fixed.

Price: RM1.50 per pack.

Location: Stall opposite Eu Yan Sang / next to Kee Mei Siew Pow, Jalan Dr Krishnan, 70000 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan.

GPS Coordinates: 2.727479, 101.937536

No comments:

Post a Comment