Novelty


At the moment, I have two very different plans for my future.

Plan A:
Get into 4th year (Honours) for Psychology. Do a research thesis on depression, anorexia, internet addiction or substance addiction.

Plan B:
If I were to fail to gain entry into 4th year Psychology (hopefully not but not that there is no chance because the only way to secure your spot is to get a score of 80, according to one of my lecturers that is), I will do a Masters in Public Administration and Foreign Policy. This way, my history major will come in handy. :)

I know, I know. It is bad to think too far but I personally feel that it is easier to complete present goals if one have a goal to look forward to in the future. All these years, I've been using my future plans to guide my present actions. When I was 12, I started thinking of the jobs I want to do. I trace the jobs backwards. Google up the experiences required. It's not necessary but it is necessary for me. I want to get a grasp on what exactly I'm after. I want to know that what I'm doing is bringing me closer to achieve this dream of mine.

Some people may find it unnecessary. Some people think that one can find a way with things but for an individual who gets carried away so easily when in the process of doing something and always out for something new, this is certainly not ideal.

For instance,when I was in first year,I had this plan to major in Literature or Creative Writing or French, but ended up majoring in history. I wanted to do an English major when I was in High School and I ended up doing psychology because I'm good with numbers and am curious about human behavior.

I'm always on the lookout for something new. That's why my recipes differ from day to day. If you know me well enough, you won't see me in the same garments from week to week. I don! 9;t want to just stick to one thing. I want to try many. I don't want to stay in just one place. I want to try and fit myself in many. Novelty is my best friend.

This is also reflected in my sandwiches. I don't make kimchi cheese sandwiches any more. I now try to combine chocolate and cheese, chocolate and herbs, chocolate and pepper in a sandwiches. Surprisingly, chocolate goes very well with ham and cheese. I also tried combining chocolate and jam. Just two hours ago, I had strawberry jam, smoked salmon and cheese sandwich. It may come across as strange to you, but it is pleasant. It has the nice tart flavor with it and the briny salmon seemed to pair nicely with the jam. The cheese adds a certain rich quality to the very wholesome sandwich, thanks to the multigrain sourdough.


Dark chocolate, cheese and strawberry jam

My mom finds this behavior of mine problematic. Always out for something new. Will I be ever contented?

Yes, I will be contented. Some day perhaps. When I'm old. Now that I'm young, I shall try to create and try to experiment with what I feel is best for my needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment