Simply Cooking: Stir fry Chicken and Peaches

I've gotten back my history essay marks! I have to say, I'm happy and surprised of myself. On the downside, this means that I'm better off writing history essays and psychology lab reports. I don't know why but I just don't seem to have what it takes for writing lab reports. I keep getting a mix of H2Bs and H3s. There seems to be no improvement over the year when it comes to lab reports.

In comparison, my history essays have been sky rocketing from a Ps to H1s. My psychology exams are the ones that are saving my arse. Not sure if they can keep doing so because the 4th year program is based on writing a lab report from one's own research... I'm currently working on a lab report on binge drinking. At least, I have some interest towards this topic. This means that there is a chance to score well. Yet again, just another chance.

Today's weather is a great leap from last Monday's pouring skies. The sky is as blue as it can be and there are no clouds in sight. The weather is slightly chilly. Very comfy and ideal for staying in to cook up something refreshing, such as stir fry chicken and peaches.





Yes, you've heard it stir fry chicken and peaches. My sister did not fancy this dish (she prefers eating blanched foodstuffs) but I enjoyed the tropical goodness of this dish. If you like a fruity twist to your dish, you should consider this. Otherwise, stay away!


Recipe: Stir fry Chicken and Peaches (Serves 3)


A: Chicken and marinade
-3 chicken thighs, diced
-A pinch of five spice pepper
-A pinch of white pepper
-A tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
-A tablespoon of soy sauce
-A drop of sesame oil

B:
-1 teaspoon of olive oil
-2 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely choppe! d
-A handful of almonds
-2 stalks of broccolini, chopped in 1 cm lengths
-1 tomato, cut into 6 wedges
-2 medium sized peaches, deseeded and cut into 6 wedges

C: Sauce
-1 tablespoon of rice vinegar/lemon vinegar
-2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
-1 teaspoon of raw brown sugar
-1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
-A pinch of chicken bouillon powder
-A pinch of pepper

Instructions:

1. Marinate chicken at least 2 hours before cooking with ingredients from list A. Mix ingredients from list C together.

2. In a hot non-stick pan, place chicken thighs. Render fat from chicken thighs. Stir until chicken turns slightly brown. Remove and set aside. Some liquids will ooze our from the chicken. Pour the liquid away.

3. In the same pan, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Heat pan on medium heat. Add in garlic. Stir until fragrant. Add in a handful of almonds. Stir for 1-2 minutes.

4. Add in brocollini and tomatoes. Stir for 2 minutes. Add in chicken. Stir for another 2 minutes.

5. Add in peaches and sauce prepared from mixing ingredients from list C. Stir for 2 minutes. Peaches will soften slightly and turn into a darker colour. Turn off heat and plate dish. Serve with rice or noodles.


I find this dish a very refreshing offering. If you like chicken and mango stir fry, this will work for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment