A message to all of you.

Dear readers,

This is a message for all of you guys out there who are wanting to go for facials and so on. Pick the right esthetician (preferably who works for a dermatologist) and don't go for conjobs. So far, I've only met one good esthetician in my life (She works in KL and hello! I am in Melbourne) The rest that I've encountered have done numerous wonders to my face that one can only imagine:

1. The first time I've been to a facial in Melbourne, the lady was telling me how I should get a microdermabrasion etc etc. Also, she forced me to buy products. I did not listen to any of that crap and proceeded with my facial. After the facial, my skin worsened. There were more whiteheads than ever and she actually used something that resulted one of my brows to fade in colour (I had brow embroidery, K-style). She even dare to use a tinted sunblock to cheat me about how her extraction skills were superior. I discovered this when I returned home to rinse off the stuff she lathered on my face. I don't trust that lady because she was so harsh on my skin!

2. The second time I had facial. I took public transport to get to that place! Took me an hour and a half to reach there. The esthetician was nice and she was very gentle. She did not force any products upon me and recommended that I should get a chemical peel. I was very afraid of the word peel... I said no and proceeded with the facial. She was not gentle and left me with a very inflamed nose. I was stupid enough to sign a treatment course but thank god, I paid not even half of it and I got a coupon as a refund for ending my treatment.

3. The third times the strike. I finally got a chemical peel because a "skin clinic" told me that I should get it. It will help me clogged pores etc. I had 100s of whiteheads that are about to turn into pus filled babies. I had to address the matter. So, I did. The first time was amazing. My skin looked fabulous and it seems that brighter days are finally ahead! BUTthe nurse was pretty tough ! my skin despite post-peel. I mean, aren't nurses suppose to be gentle on your skin after a peel?

The second peel: the nurse said that I should get extractions RIGHT after my chemical peel. I said no. She said that I should. Well, she's the nurse. I trusted her. So I did and guess what happened? I look like someone domestically abused me. there were two "bruise" marks on my skin. Very red. My skin feels tight. I see fine lines despite using the best anti-ageing and nourishing products that I've been relying on for years. I went to the clinic today and guess what did the nurse told me? That chemical peels are not chemical. They are natural. What kind of bullshit is this? Then, I realized, that it was ALL A CONJOB . It is important to know that this clinic is just claiming to be a clinic because it is filled with people who do not know what they are dealing with. I also realized how if one person puts a lab coat, one trusts them more. So Milgram right? Because of the amount of publicity they have and reliable sources, I tried their products. Some of them worked. For example, the hyaluronic acid and the sunblock. However, for the amount of harshness that my face is getting? NOT WORTH IT.

Now, I'm disappointed. Most importantly, I hate myself for trusting the wrong people and making the wrong decisions. I always tell my sister to be careful and be wary of the people around you. Now, I have to tell myself this. I have spent so much of money on face that I feel very guilty for my parents. The money, I can use to buy my mom her Chanel bag instead of wasting money on unnecessary facials.

Well, on the bright side. I shouldn't hate myself. Thanks to these people who are lying to me, I've learnt a huge lesson. Never ever make snap judgements. Think rationally. Yet, I cannot blame myself completely. These people are MESSING ABOUT with a girl's precious asset: Her porcelain skin. MY porcelain skin.

SO finally, I've decided that ! I MUST v isit the dermatologist. It will cost me a bomb, my parents might protest but this is to ensure that I stop hearing lies that I should not hear. After all, I haven't got any bad experiences with the doctors in Melbourne (Touchwood, if I DID). They are very honest and stick to their ethics. Unlike the people from these salons. I know there are good estheticians out there but I haven't had the luck to meet any of them in Melbourne. Also, this teaches me one thing: When I become a psychologist in the future, I shall be honest with the patients who assume that they have disorders and not try to get them into a treatment when it is NOT necessary.


I've learnt it the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment