Cambodian Lemongrass Shrimp


Cambodian Lemongrass Shrimp pictures (1 of 4)
Next
Back During my childbirth confinement, I missed eating seafood so much, especially my favorite shrimp. So, there was no surprise that as soon as the confinement ended, I headed straight to my favorite seafood restaurant and had a feast of seafood meal. I have also resumed cooking, albeit in a small way as I am adjusting to motherhood and my new lifestyle. Needless to say, seafood has been a big part of my diet lately. It’s great to finally return to a normal diet, but time is scarce these days as I dedicate most of my time to my baby, so cooking elaborately and everything-from-scratch will have to take a back seat for the time being… I think you might remember my Indonesian mie goreng (fried noodles) post not too long ago. After trying out World Foods mie goreng instant paste, I like their products so much that I’ve decided to work with them on a couple of new recipes. I made this shrimp dish with World Foods Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Grass Stir-Fry Sauce. As it’s an instant sauce, I dressed things up a bit—some coconut milk, bird’s eye chilies, and basil leaves to complete the taste. The dish took about 30 minutes to make and fit my tight schedules perfectly, and the big plus is that the end result is quite authentic and satisfying.
Cambodian Lemongrass Shrimp 1 tablespoon oil
12 oz shell-on tiger prawn, headless and deveined
1 bottle World Foods Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Grass Stir-Fry Sauce (1 cup)
3-4 bird’s eye chilies, pounded
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon water
5-6 Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped

Method:
Heat up the oil in a stir-fry pan over high heat. Add the prawn and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Pour the stir-fry sauce into the pan and stir well with the prawn. Add the bird’s eye chilies, chili sauce, fish sauce, coconut milk and water. Bring it to boil. Add the basil leaves, dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Add starShare

No comments:

Post a Comment