Tarragon Oil

Here's one of the little secret weapons I've kept stocked in my refrigerator all summer. It's a simple tarragon oil. Actually, it's equal parts tarragon, parsley, and olive oil - but I think of it as having tarragon in the limelight. The grassy anise notes and electric color of the herbs permeate the golden olive oil, it's beautiful. I use it as a finishing oil on soups, as a component of anything bread-centric (open-faced sandwiches, panzanellas, etc), and as a vinaigrette base. It's ridiculously good drizzled over simple poached eggs and toast. So, have at it, and let me know if you do anything off-beat or unexpected with it.

Tarragon Oil RecipeTarragon Oil RecipeTarragon Oil Recipe

I wrote the recipe below to yield about 2/3 cup (160 ml) of tarragon oil. But you can certainly make more/less depending on how much you're think you're likely to use it - just use the ratio 1:1:1 - tarragon leaves, flat-leaf parsley leaves, extra virgin olive oil.

Also(!) for those of you looking to do a bit of armchair traveling, I posted a handful of photographs shot on my recent Tahoe trip (under separate cover) for any of you who want a peek. xo -h

Continue reading Tarragon Oil...


No comments:

Post a Comment