broccoli parmesan fritters

broccoli parmesan fritters

Last week, it was pointed out to me that among the 750 recipes in the archives, there is but a single recipe that utilizes broccoli. Just one! (Its a great one, though.) For comparison, there are 11 recipes that use cauliflower and 26 with mushrooms. What terrible oversight could have led to this? I buy broccoli (and its friends) approximately once a week, year-round but this wasnt always the case. I never disliked broccoli Im not this guy but it wasnt until my toddler took a great interest in chomping down on huge florets, raw, cooked, or three days old, that it became part of our regular rotation.

we go through a lot of this
choppped roughly

Please understand: this is not one of those stories about how preciously advanced my toddlers tastes are, how early he took an interest in foie gras and how he turns his nose up at white flour pastas, preferring farro. Oh no. It is, in fact, the opposite. Lets say you! called me on the phone day you know, presuming we lived on a planet where people still spoke on the phone and said My toddler! He eats nothing but macaroni and cheese and graham crackers! How do I get him to eat vegetables? I would respond, without blinking twice: Fritters. Except my enthusiasm for fritters is so great that it would come out FRITTERS! in the background, Id be doing jazz hands, and in my head, there would be Rockettes singing and high-kicking to this tune that I promise to never sing for you in person that goes, Fritterrrrrrrrs! Fritters are the answer! Lets definitely never speak about this part again.

best part: mashing the broccoli

... Read the rest of broccoli parmesan fritters on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |permalink to broccoli parmesan fritters | 13 comments to date | see more: Broccoli, Photo, Side Dish, Snack, Summer, Vegetarian



No comments:

Post a Comment