A dessert of all sorts @ Various places across Melbourne

Ever so often I collect photographs of random things I eat and then realise if I were to ever blog about them, it would never last more than a paragraph or two. So it sits in the ever growing Flickr account of mine before it is forgotten. Instead of going to waste, I guess I might as well share it all with you under a single post. By no means is this original and I am the first to admit that I have taken inspiration (worded nicely) from other blogs in doing what essentially is a summary of places post.


The title says it all and the pictures below speaks for itself and today is all about desserts.


P1020348

P1020350

Jocks is not the most gourmet or the most creamiest ice cream I had before but the brand and the flavours is all about fun. Located somewhere near Albert Park, it is so convenient for us to either pop by for a scoop when the sweet tooth acts up or worse still take away a pre-packed tub. Flavours like Rum and Raisin (with real alcohol!) to classic flavours like Peanut Butter and Jelly or just plain old Chocolate, you will be spoilt for choice. Another thing to note is the more than reasonable prices, I remember paying somewhere around 5 dollars for 2 scoops in waffle cone which is a steal compared to Ben & Jerry.


Can't replace our favourite gelato place in Brisbane but will be close to our hearts (or stomach).

A ddress and contact details:

Jock's Ice Cream on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. I know its winter but can't wait for summer to come!


From a casual ice cream shop to a posher "sweet studio". Burch & Purchese brings to life a fantasy land for those who craves anything sweet. From individual cakes on display, handmade ice-cream, jams and spreads to biscuits, chocolates and I can't remember what else, this is not for those on a sugar diet. For some reason the Wife wanted to pop by looking for Hot Cross Buns and since they didn't sell any and we didn't want to leave empty handed, we bought a cake.


P1020351


P1020354


P1020357


I remember when I was young and the only place you could buy cakes were from old school bakeries. Those days, cakes don't come in an individual portion per se, they bake a whole cake and they sell to your by slice. Blink an eye and some 15 years later, look where d! esserts have come.


Back to the cake, there's nothing like a good mousse but I would have liked a thicker crust because I am one for texture. I guess another cake would have suited me better but it was still a pretty fine cake and I can't wait to go back.


Address and contact details:


Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 1 cake in and I can dare say this is another spot worthy of 4 stars out of 5 stars.


Naturally after B&P, comes the place where we finally found some hot cross buns. French Fantasies may sound a little naughty (think French maids) but is every little bit naughty in their own way by greeting their customers with a variety of pastries and breads on display. The hot cross buns was something like 3 bucks a bun, sacrilegious some would say but it was pure gold once you spread some butter on it and pop it into the oven to heat. Apart from the buns, we had the almond croissant, as good as the french bakery in Brisbane and a good multi-grain loaf which thankfully didn't cost us an arm and a leg.

P1020355


It also helps that the waitresses has that heavy french accent of course.


Address and contact details:


French Fantasies on Urbanspoon


Verdict: Another 4 stars! Convenience and quality, only a 5 minute drive from my place so I am not complaining!


Don't you feel a little thirsty after all that drooling? Well after some walking at the Doncaster shopping centre, a trip to the supermarket to get some water suddenly turned into a sinful chocolate experience at Koko Black.


IMG_2226


It was still pretty hot then so an iced chocolate was called to action. Seriously unless you really really love your chocolate, call one to share, its one heavy drink.


IMG_2225


Being greedy we ordered a platter of desserts and I think at this point it was an over kill. Not to mention, there was no real stand outs except for their gourmet chocolates.


Stick to the iced chocolate I say although it's pretty pricey at 11-12 dollars a drink.


Address and contact details:

Koko Black on Urbanspoon

Verdict: The poor desserts and the poor price point means its really 3! stars a t max.

There you go, my first compilation post, now I wonder if i can collect enough for another theme...hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment