Charcoal Roasted Meng Kee Char Siew () Shah Alam

How many of you ever heard of a famous Char Siew store located at Tengkat Tong Shin KL? They were once call them self the Char Siew King and have to wait for close to an hour to get your char siew fix. What makes them famous was the price and also the waiting time for this piece of delicacies.

Just look at this piece of fine cut! Perfect proportion for lean and fats. It is neither too dry nor too oily and it is just perfect for my liking. With the charred edge with a smoky charcoal smell tells me they were roasted with slow charcoal fire.

The shop name was known as Meng Kee Char Siew which started by the father and later on having another branch at Shah Alam where I went for this review.

Here in Shah Alam, you get a pretty decent service and fast serving time especially during lunch time where most of the patrons has only an hour to clear the lunch.

This plate serves 2 persons portion.

Since I know I wont be getting enough out of it, myself and my colleague straight away ordered ourselves a double each. A bite on it tells me they are still the king! They just bring it! Though the business here is run by the daughter, the highly acclaimed taste still there and pretty consistent. I had it like 3 times a week while I deploy projects in Shah Alam.

Oil rice

The Chili i! s a bit sad . it has too much vinegar in it and lack of the chilli umph.

Single portion of poach chicken

I wouldnt recommend you to order this unless you dont take pork. It is just normal and nothing to shout about.

The menu price

Meng Kee Char Siu
20 (Ground), Jalan Pekedai U1/36
Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park
Shah Alam.
Tel No: 019 379 3629
Opens for breakfast and lunch. Close on Mondays

Twitt


No comments:

Post a Comment