Ten (Super Rad) Blog Post Ideas

Vanilla Cupcakes

Beyond being a baker, Im also a blogger. Had you noticed. Yea its a real thing.

Maybe youre a blogger too! There are tons of blogs these days. Theyre beautiful! The internet has definitely become a more lovely place thank you fashion and design bloggers. For real. With so much bright, fun, and creative ideas flowing do you ever wonder HOW? How do bloggers consistently come with new content, and new clever things to say?

Let me tell you a bit of truth sometime I just sit in front of the computer and wonder what what what whaaat I could possibly write to you. Should I tell you more about my cat? No probably not. Should I tell you more about my nail polish obsession? I should probably go easy on that.

Sometimes the work is effortless. Other times its nice to fall back on a few tricks.

Heres a list of Ten Super Awesome Blog Post Ideas. Try working within these little bits of inspiration. Sometimes we just need a nudge in a different direction.

From my blogging heart to yours,

Joy

ps. The cupcakes? Theyre Twelve Cupcakes and Frosting with just one stick of butter its like a party trick in your kitchen.

IMG_9049

One: A How-To Post

Just think about all the little things you know how to do! How-to posts dont need to be elaborate or complicated. Its all about relating information fun, simply, and beautifully. How to Make a Friend! ship Bra celet. How to Make a Body Scrub. How to Trick Your Cat into Sleeping While You Cook. How to Roast Garlic.

There are a million things you know how to do. Photograph one of them and make it a pretty post!

Two: Inspired By!

Everything I write about was inspired by something Ive seen, consumed, and otherwise enjoyed. From gorgeous food, to breathtaking photography inspiration is everywhere. Detail it! Share your beauty with everyone around you. I regularly use my iPhone camera to capture moments out in the world that inspire me. I find that this little camera is a simple way to keep your eyes open in seeing whats around me.

IMG_2426

Three: What are you reading?

A glimpse at that giant stack of books on the nightstand is 100% satisfying. It calms the nosey nerves, and inspires me to seek out new things for my brain to digest. Right now Im readingAn Everlasting Meal,The Happiness Project, andHow to Eat a Cupcake. Yes three at once. I also readThought Catalogregularly. Its smart and ! funny Im totally obsessed.

Four: Lets do a list!

The only thing more satisfying that creating a list, is crossing things off that list. People love lists, so give the people what they want! Shutterbean works lists every week in posts called I Love Lists Friday! Theyre major.

It can be as simple as Five Things I Love!

You might also consider these Top 10 Real Talk Blog Tips as a sort of meta example of listing. Lists on lists on lists.

pesto collage

Five: A Best-of Post

Real Talk: I do these best-of, round-up recipe posts when Ive burned cookies and I have nothing new and chocolaty to show you. Its just real life.

Six: A Diary Excerpt

Bust out the diary. Flip to the center where you were sixteen (almost seventeen) and you asked that really tall, awkward boy out to junior prom, and you were the biggest dork (in a journalism class FULL of dorks), and you had no idea how to tame your frizzy bangs (and you wondered why you had bangs to begin with), you borrowed you moms blue eyeshadow, and you could not (for the life of you) see the light at the end of the oh-my-god-why-am-I-so-awkward- tunnel.

Or maybe thats just me.

Yea. so. Write about that stuff. Its painfully relatable. Trust.

Seven: Somewhat ridiculous unsolicited advice

Oh my gosh. Im so good at offering unsolicited advice! Duh. Who isnt good at this? You didnt ask but Ive got words for you. Ex: On Turning Twenty-One.

Ps. Im spot on with the point number ten.

IMG_5748

Eight: Before-and-After

A before and after post takes just a bit of discipline. You must bedisciplined enough to take a picture of something before, during, and after. Maybe its a new, awesome haircut! Maybe its the before and after results of a monster desk clean-up. Tracy is MAJOR when it comes to Before-and-After! Shes an organizing whizkid! Seriously epic.

Nine: A Day in the Life

From morning to night lets get real nosey with it! Also if theres a chocolate cake involved thats pretty major. Making Baking and Consuming the Best Chocolate Bundt Cake its a day in the life of sorts. Check it. Go easy on yourself in the Day in the Life posts. Not everything is picture perfect and thats just real life. Go on!

Ten: A giveaway!

Think of something weird that you love and share it with everyone. Thats actually how I live my whole life. Giveaways are a great way to share thing that you love with an excited group of people. If they like you, chances are theyre going to like the weird things you like. Be generous and give. It feels great!

Be well. Happy Blogging and have fun, dangit!


No comments:

Post a Comment