Favorites List (December 2011)

I like December more than most months. I like the tinsel, the twinkling lights, hot mugs of tea in the afternoons, and sparkling drinks later on. I like winter flowers, soft sweaters, shortbread (baked a few minutes too long, please), and a dash of Christmas Elvis. I start looking forward to the parade of citrus that isn't far off, and I daydream about places where snowflakes are native. The last few years I tend to get wintertime allergies, effectively balancing out a favorite month with one of my least favorite things :/ Anyhow, I thought I'd post this list on the early side this month, and then follow it up with a few favorite holiday recipes in the coming days. Hope you like:

- Paint pail mittens.

- Meg Ray | Miette

- Picasso | Life

- Rosemary Gin Fizzes

- Tis the season for thank-yous & handwritten letters.

- A year of beans.

- Erica Tanov fabric + magic.

- DIY gift tags

- Soba noodles this way.

- Travel zipper bags:

- The week she turned six.

- Take a class for fun. For ex: SFAI / Center for the Book / Little Flower School / June Taylor / Love Apple Farms / M+T

- This profile on David Kinch.

- Everyone needs a good pair.

- And a gold heart.

- Keep cozy.

- Chunky hand knits.

- Best-of: cookbooks / photo sites

-This salad.

- Canal House + Food52

- Pumpkin & Goat Cheese Hand-pies

- Watercolor Calendar

- And a great desk series (via Amanda H)


One last thing! ! I nearly forgot to thank all of you who came out to visit (& have books signed) at the Remodelista Holiday Market. It was wonderful to meet so many of you in person and to have your support. -h

Lead photo: There are three tiny trees, side-by-side, on my block just exploding in wintertime flowers. I've been out everyday this week to take pictures of them.

Continue reading Favorites List (December 2011)...


No comments:

Post a Comment