Jude @ Brisbane, CBD

To all those who watched the Race that stops the Nation; namely the Melbourne Cup or the Emirates Melbourne Cup, cheers if you won and cheers for time off (officially or unofficially).


Having sneaked out of my office function just after the race that net me a lunch, I thought I share with you a spot in the city which is not much of a secret from the daily crowds.


We had always wanted to try Jude but was put off by a comment made about how it was all about salads and not substantial especially for a guy like me. However when we realised that there was a buy 1 free 1 deal on the Entertainment Card, we thought we might as well make the most out of it.


If there was one down side, it is the lack of menus. The only menu is up on the board which ranges from burgers, fish and ships and etc and then you got a choice of a ton of salads to go with which are on display at one side. For those who are indecisive, you will feel a bit lost in the middle of the crowd, trying to decide what you want to eat.


IMG_1737


The Wife originally wanted to try the assorted arancinis but found out you don't get one of each flavour but two of one flavour. With that not as appealing as it did, she settle for good old fish and chips. The fish came out fresh and not dripping in oil and I must say, we found a new spot for chips because the ones at Jude are awesome!


IMG_1739

I have been wanting to eat lasagne for awhile and it was an easy choice. Choosing the salad was a hard one though and in the end I thought order something that I would never cook at home; beetroot salad with goats cheese and it was awesome too!

Prices are slightly more than the AUD 10 budget we put to ourselves, with a main, salad and chips closer to AUD 15-18. Add a drink and you are at AUD20. Luckily with the deal on my Entertainment Card, we were right on the budget.

Address and contact details:

Jude on Urbanspoon

Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. Cute little place, wholesome food and yummy salads, the only thing that would stop me from coming back often is my AUD10 a meal budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment