Aglio Olio with fresh pasta

Ok well, it isnt entirely aglio olio with the addition of bacon and basil. But it has the characteristics of being a no sauce pasta.

Its my first time making fresh pasta. ever. Ive never made pan mee before too, or any noodle dough. So I dont exactly know if I got the right texture or the right consistency. Its like kinkin chilli pan mees noodles. It wasnt as silky as I thought it would be, maybe i did it wrongly LOL. Ah well, just the first try (ops, 2nd actually. 1st time was with a rolling pin. It was a nightmare to roll, the pasta machine is like magic) Looking forward to make raviolis and tortellinis and lasagne with this!! wheee

Since there were only 2 types of cutters, spaghetti and fettuccine, I made both. I cooked aglio olio with the spaghetti and my mum cooked the fettuccine in XO sauce or something.After watching so many shows of people making fresh pasta on tv, I finally decided its time to make mine. I ve had this pasta machine since my years in Sydney but I have never used it there. Right until the other day when I made this dish.

Fresh Pasta

200g flour
2 eggs
oil

Basically I worked with 100g flour : 1 egg ratio per person. I think perhaps it can go with 200g flour : 3 eggs

!

1. Ma ke a well in the centre of the flour then crack eggs in. Use a fork to mix it till it resembles breadcrumbs. Then pour out onto working surface then knead till it forms into a ball. I added some basil oil in it as I find it a little dry and rough.

2. Wrap and cover with cling wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.

3. When ready, cut half of the dough, covering one. Press flat then pass through the pasta machine on the thickest setting. Fold and roll out with the same settings a few times till its smooth.

4. Then gradually reduce the thickeness of the dough, then pass through whichever cutter you need and cover with a damp towel till ready to use.

5. Continue with the other halved dough.

Spaghetti Aglio Olio.

(for 1)

1 anchovies
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 strip bacon, cut (or 2 hehe)
1 tbsp dried chili flakes (or depending on your spiciness level)
dash of white wine
olive oil
salt and pepper
basil leaves, opt

100g spaghetti

1. In a pan, lightly fry bacon. Dish out and set aside. In the meantime, bring a pot of water, with salt to boil. Cook spaghetti (only takes about 3-4 minutes)

2. In the same pan, pour more olive oil then add in anchovies and garlic. Mash them all up and add in the bacon. Pour in a dash of white wine and let it reduce a bit.

3. Drain the spaghetti, save some of the pasta water. Toss spaghetti into the pan and add some chilli flakes. Add some of the pasta water if it looks dry. Season with salt and pepper (although I think salt wasnt needed cause of the anchovies)

4. Tear some basic leaves and scatter on top. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment