Pink Guava Sherbet Sorbet

DSC_5658_1024x678
Sherbet and sorbet made with gelatine are softer. Look at that beautiful color!

DSC_5389_1024x678
This one's made without gelatine and whisking.

I love tropical fruits for their interesting looks, flavor and texture. The pink guavas from a friend's treewere so intensewithflavor, bite and color that I knew straightaway that I had to use them forRoyal Selangor Pewter's jelly challenge.

The weather's hot here and icy treats such as sherbets and ice creams are perfect for cooling. A sherbet is a frozendessert made offruit, sugar and water while a sorbet has in addition, milk and sometimes cream. Other than tasting delicious and refreshing, sherbets and sorbets are easy to make even without an ice cream maker but, like mine, they will not be as smooth. I used 100% fresh fruits, no artificial flavoring or coloring (except for the 'tips') and very little sugar and the sherbet sorbet (I know, sounds like Robert Robertson. Mary Mei Li) was delicious and refreshing, perfect for 35 C weather. Speaking of weather, my biggest challenge is not developing new recipes or having to blog daily. It's taking photos of jellies in hot weather. I've had jellies that won't drop out but then melted when the moulds were immersed briefly in hot water. Today I've had people here on holidays drop in when I was taking the photos who stayed and stayed and left when the sun was at its h! eight an d the heat the greatest. I've had a day last week when the tail of a storm in the Philippines (north of here) knocked out the electricity for 8 hours and my jellies just flopped over within 10 minutes of shooting. Hot weather is the real challenge for me.

This is my first entry for the Pink Ribbonfund raiserfor breast cancer awareness and support. The recipe will be posted tomorrow. Meantime, celebrate our boobies, ladies! (men too).

No comments:

Post a Comment