Carrot and Ladybird: Baby C's Homemade Birthday Cake

Just before the big day approached, we asked Baby C what type of cake she wanted for her birthday. Her response was "Carrot and Ladybird Cake". She always tells me that she loves the cakes that I make for her, so I scratched my head hard and visited the nearest baking supply shop to get some ideas. I found these cute ladybird cake toppers, and to complete the equation, I decided to bake a carrot cake.

I've made this carrot cake several times, it is pretty easy to make. The recipe can be found here. In Step 2, instead of using a 20cm square cake tin, use a 18cm round sandwich tin. For the cream cheese frosting, you need about 100g cream cheese, 50g unsalted butter, 1/3 cup caster sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract (instructions to make here - Step 10 & 11). For the birthday girl's name, we cut the carrot into thin slices and cut out the letters using a cookie/alphabet cutter.

Birthday cake for Baby C


Cute ladybird toppers



Complemented with some cupcakes from Delectable Su

A very happy, birthday girl


Say carrots!


Making a birthday wish... mmm next year I want a ********** birthday cake!

Not only a pretty sight... delicious too!


Full set of photos can be viewed here.

*Cake toppers from this shop: Bis Ingredients, 30-A, Jalan Suarasa 8/4, Town Park 1, Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, 43200 Batu 9, Che! ras, Sel angor.

No comments:

Post a Comment