Big Bad Wolf Sale 2011

Big Bad Wolf Sale! Have you heard of it ? Its the biggest and baddest book sale. I was contemplating on whether to go or not as it was SO SO far away, in Serdang. It was in MAEPS near UPM and its a long way drive there for someone from Klang. When someone told me that there are quite some cookbooks there, I was tempted. I had to go. So I made my way there via GPS and ended up in this huge factory look a like thing.

Date: 7th-16th October 2011

Time : 10am to 9pm

Venue: MAEPS, Malaysia Agro Exposition Park, Serdang (Hall A)


I was there early, say about 10am (it started at 10), there were already alot of cars there. Once youve reached the parking there would be shuttle busses to pick u and go to the main hall. It is quite impossible to walk there as its right under the bright and shiny sun.

I was there early, 10am, there wasnt any queue. So I then entered without any problems. Then I went in, o.m.g.. HUGE!!! crazy HUGE!! So I thought, ok, probably there wont be a long queue cause its so big anyway. Im sure it can fit a couple thousands people.. Boy was I wrong, when I left (at 11.45am) the queue was at least 30 people.. Yeah, dont say I didnt warn you!!

So as I was only looking for cookery books, it was quite alot.. In fact, its one of those topics with more tables under the non-fiction section. There were others like Photography, Bibliography, Coffee Table Books, Self-Help, Religious, and not forgetting the childrens books section. It was huge too! There are as well fictions and I am not at all interested in fiction books. The only books Ive read are the Twilight and Shopaholic series, and a couple other asian related stories..

I could only head straight to the cookery section and walk a few rounds there, just making sure I dont miss any books.. Kiasuism

There are authors like Gordon Ramsey, Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver and lots more.. But some of the books are quite limited. If you see what you like, grab it first because you most likely cant find it later (unless its those that has alot of copies available.. )

If youre thinking How am I going to carry all those books and still walk!!?? Not to worry, they have storage stations. What you do is find the station, ask them for a box, then put your name and box there. They will give you a number and you just walk around with the number in you bag. 10 minutes later, if youve got more books, just go back to the same station and tell them your number, add on the books in the storage Then you continue again, till youre ready to check out and pay. But PLEASE REMEMBER that youll be carrying those books from the point the bus drops you, to your car..Its wise to go with another person, preferably a guy or someone that can carry heavy stuffs.

Some tips you might wanna know if youre planning to go.

1. Go early. Trust me.

2. Bring a trolley if you have. Otherwise, bring a small suitcase. I am not kidding, I saw alot of these when I was there. Anything with wheels and a handle is good.

3. Ventilation is alright in there, not too hot. Try not to bring kids that are too young. You will be distracted.

4. If you see a book that you like, take it, unless there are a cartful of it (read: hundreds of! copies) Some books are quite limited.

5. Check the books for any torn pages or cover before buying them.

6. Check publication date (well, this is just me. Sometimes I like to know when was the book first published.)

7. Water and food is prohibited in the books section, but surely a small bottle in the handbag wouldnt hurt. There are only water stations available at the exit (after you pay the books).

8. There are shuttle busses to fetch you from the carpark to the hall and vise versa. But because there will be alot of carpark lots, be sure to tell the bus driver when to stop.

9. If youre looking for fiction books, they actually arranged them in order. Like 1st table could be A,B and C, then the next would be D,E and F.. Ask the people in charge there if you need help. Theyre pretty friendly.

10. Dont be a smart ass and ask the workers to look for books for you. Its a warehouse sale. Whatever is there, is there.

OK. So here are the books that I bought. 12 books and 4 magazines (not in picture, but they were backdated delicious UK mags). Guess how much ?? I would have bought more if I didnt go alone :P

Id give you some hint, the most expensive was RM 25 and the cheapest was RM5


No comments:

Post a Comment