About this time last year

I was in Seattle and I had just begun my book tour.

Seattle had so many fun places to visit for cupcakes.

And not just the kind you eat.

While I was there, I was so excited to stop in and see my friend CakeSpys shop.

IMG_7387

Its in Capitol Hill and its pretty darn cute.

IMG_7390

Jessie, aka CakeSpy, gave me and my friend Julie a warm welcome.

IMG_7396

Her shop is as charming as she is.

IMG_7355

Its filled with her adorable watercolor illustrations of Lil Cuppie.

IMG_7357

And illustrated magnets, too.

IMG_7358

Plus, theres lots of other fun cupcake i! tems, sh irts and even a cozy gallery space where she features local artists.

IMG_7392

Theres even a Pug named Porkchop.

IMG_7368

They are both as cute as can be.

IMG_7370

Porkchop keeps watch over things from his ice cream throne.

IMG_7401

If you pass by the shop sometime, you might even get to see Jessie at work through the storefront window. See if she still has that cute two-headed deer. Eeek!

IMG_7398

Stop in and say hi if you do. Shell greet you with a welcoming smile.

IMG_7406

Here she is creating one of her more requested Zombie and Lil Cuppie illustrations. I love how tiny she works. It was so fun watching her do her thing.

IMG_7408

If youve been following my site for a while, you may remember CakeSpy from some of my earlier posts.

I first met CakeSpy onflickr, when I stumbled upon her adorable cupcake drawings and had to have some of my very own.

Mine

These are the first ones she did for me. Yeah, I have several more.

And shes the one I made this little video for. (Check out our other sweet exchanges here.)

And Ive been following her with each new adventure.

When she sold her drawings on etsy.

When she went part-time at her day job.

When she quit her job to pursue her passion full-time.

When she opened her adorable shop in Capitol Hill.

IMG_3702

And now when shes just about to begin her own book tour and celebrate the launch of her new book, CakeSpy Presents Sweet Treats for a Sugar-Filled Life.

IMG_3691

The book has lots of fun little recipes like this one for Red Velvet Cake Shakes.

IMG_3687

And of course the book is sprinkled with her signature illustrations.

Heres her tour info with a launch party at the shop this Thursday.

Shell be signing books at bakeries, too. How fun!

IMG_7367

Jessie, Im so proud for you. You deserve all the sweet success that comes your way.

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment