Sorry about that

Hi friends. Goood morning!

So, my hosting company was hacked. Thousands of sites were taken down. Awkward. You may have received a weird email update or had your browser freak out if you visited my site this morning. Sorry about that. For reals.

Thankfully, it seems to be corrected at the moment. As far as I can tell so far, other than being super annoying, nothing damaging or virus-ey happened. As a precaution, just delete the last email update you received from me.

For my friends who are bloggers too, let me tell you, this is the worst feeling you can have. Luckily my work was still there and it doesnt appear to be anything more malicious. But, take some friendly advice. If youve been thinking you should make your password harder, do it. If you thought you should back-up your blog. thats a good idea. Even better, if youre on wordpress, you may want to sign up for something like VaultPress to back your stuff up. (It was on my to-do list). Actually, the password and backup stuff is good advice for everyone. So lets all do that.

Ok. So I am going to let the tech people do their tech thing. And I am going to do my thing, which at the moment means making donuts for everyone at HomefriesU this weekend.

jtb


No comments:

Post a Comment