Favorites List (September 2011)

I'm sitting here eating the best apple I've ever tasted. At a glance, it's not much of a looker. The skin is a queasy shade of yellow-green, and overall its shape seems awkward and (quite frankly) out of balance. But a single bite reveals an electric pink flesh, patterned like one of my grade school tie-dye projects. It's bracingly tart, and effusively fragrant. Are we really on October's doorstep? This apple says yes. Unbelievable. I'm not complaining, I actually love this time of year - the markets, the weather, the apples, all of it. But, this year has gone by so fast. Anyway, I wanted to sneak this favorites list in before we lose September entirely. Hope all of you are looking forward to fall as much as I am.

- Hope to stay here someday.

- This article about strandbeests.

- We heart Pia

- Jo Gordon

- Super cute sketch series - Musicians on Tour

- Just ordered this.

- Love having Dorie in my kitchen - watched every video in this.

- Love this illustration.

- Enjoying cooking from this classic.

- Baker's Notes!

- Great idea :)

- Wrapping supplies :) these too!

- ballet pink

- Striped washcloths

- Ten Amazing Public Pools (via A Cup of Jo)

- This cracked me up.

Promise to be back a bit later in the week with a proper recipe. -h

Lead photo: poppies from the Saturday market.

Continue reading Favorites List (September 2011)...


No comments:

Post a Comment