Hello Kitty Macaron

Note: Am still in the midst of packing/moving/unpacking/cleaning; hence new blog posts will be slower than usual. Will do a short post about The New Kitchen when its ready. Of course it is still not complete yet. ppfftt. Anyway, thats that and heres a new post ;)

Eeekk lo and behold, possibly the cutest thing you ever see in this blog of mine. I am not a fan of cutsey pinky stuffs but meh, I adore Hello Kitty. Haha.Inspiration came from I-Heart-Baking nonetheless. Can you see the amount of hello kitty bakes there ? hehe

They are filled with raspberry buttercream filling, except that I cant remember if it was the Italian or French Buttercream.

I wanted to make them, coincidentally I was meeting up with Reese, so I gave her and her daughter some..

No new recipe for this as I used the same Italian Meringue Macaro recipe from here. As for the filling, I used raspberry (lets just assume its the Italian Meringue Buttercream) as I still had som! e frozen ones left in the freezer. When one is moving, one usually try to clear and use as much things from the fridge so one doesnt have to throw much when moving the fridge. Raspberries came in time just for these little cookies. They were pink and its always the best colour to be associated with Hello Kitty. :) As for the recipe, you can refer to the Blueberry Compote Buttercream and replace blueberries with raspberries. Works wonders ;)

As for the ears, I tried with a small round nozzle, a leaf nozzle, and a medium round nozzle. All except with a toothpick (which I think would be more ideal, but its just too time-consuming to toothpick so many ears.. ) but I didnt had any toothpick on hand. Some ears turned out like pigs Haha..


After they were baked, they were paired with the right size, then with an edible marker, I drew the eyes and whiskers, oh and nose as well. The shells looks somewhat more yellow and had oil spots from the almonds. I would remake them again, and add a little white colour and see how it turns out. As for the ribbon, they were heart shaped sprinkles. Dab with a bit of icing to stick them onto the Hello Kitty face.

Now that its filled, its time to sandwich them together!


Arent they cute? hehehe

You can order these macarons now!! Infact, I am starting to sell macarons now, customizable. Drop me an email if you wish to order some (swee . san at gmail . com )

notice

No comments:

Post a Comment