Cat Land Cat Party

IMG_6699

IMG_6714

IMG_6718

Im not sure if Im completely mortified by whats about to happen, or if Im giddy with excitement.

Im leaning towards completely mortified. This is the part where you have hard evidence that Im weird. Theres no denying my CatLady status now.

I made my cat a birthday cake. Im about to tell you about it. Run away now, if you must. Ill understand.

What is to follow is the life of this young feline, Jules (Cat) Stevens. Its complex and it ends in an ugly yellow bow. Welcome to my life.

IMG_9725

This is the creature that I lived with this last year. I still live with a version of this creature youll see what happens towards the end.

But this creature this creature had a passion for sunny windows, and a love for his mother (thats me, DUH) like no other.

kitten first birthday

This creature grew. Found his voice. Started yelling

IMG_0099

and never wanted to stop yelling. He has a lot to say mostly about how he wants to go outside, and what he wants to eat.

IMG_9781

Sometimes he wants to eat his own tail while sitting in my camera bag. Hes being cute for dramatic effect. I feed him actual food.

IMG_0340

At some point early this year, this young man started to get weird. Exhibit A.

kitten first birthday

He got really weird.

You know I can still see you kitten, right?

IMG_0849

He found awesome things to lay on and next to.

IMG_0927

And I love his striped tail.

IMG_0864

He looks so sweet and innocent.

IMG_3801

He looks so curious and rugged.

But do not let this wet animal fool you.

He is a monster. He will hunt you down and swipe your leg. If you are moving, he is hunting you.

This kitten has the soul of a warrior. Hes ruthless, and he loves when your feet move under the covers.

Go on move em.

Attack!

Hes been waiting all night for your to roll over in your sleep. Aaaaalllll night. Sucka.

IMG_6622

I love this animal. He has an attitude. He can be a jerk.

But!

Everyday he sits between my desk and the front door like a little, furry guard. If the front bell rings, hes at the door faster than any dog Ive seen. I like to think thats hed scratch an attackers eyes out (unless that attacker had cat treats). Hes my little kitty jerk.

Because I love this creature, I created Cat Land for his first birthday.

Cat Land is a collection of my cats favorite toys. As you see. most of these things are in fact NOT toys. They are considered toys to my jerk of an animal.

He loves to eat my earphones. Nothing is more enjoyable than running toilet paper all over the house. He loves to test water by placing his paw inside of my water glass, he likes to bat my rings and earrings under the couch, and occasionally he enjoys his actual leopard print cat st! ring.

He also loves to sit on burlap. Because hes weird.

So. Cat Land.

Play, birthday kitten. Play!

IMG_6655

Seriously? Cat Land was a success. Like, major.

IMG_6674

Seriously? Cat Land was destroyed. Like, major.

IMG_6687

And then it was time for cake.

Why does he look so pissed?

Why does he look so skeptical? He sees me cook everyday!

IMG_6725

See? Cat cake!

Cake Cake is made up of plain baked salmon and super cheap Whole Foods dry cat food. Its totes gourmet.

IMG_6689

Happy Birthday Jules.

You light up my life. You scratch my leg. You terrorize me in the dark.

You also make me look like a totally awful cat mom, because you wont let me brush your hair and you messed up your birthday bow. You look nothing at all like those polished cats on Etsy wearing bowties and berets. Ugh!!! But

This is how we live.

This< /em> is how we live.


No comments:

Post a Comment