Simply Cooking: Japanese ground chicken rice


Recently, I have this unbelievable enthusiasm towards my university essays. It is not that I do not have any interest towards my essays in the previous years. It is just that it is at its peak now. I do not know where this incredible energy came from. Back then, I just cannot wait to finish reading and writing a dissertation, regardless of how long or short is it. Now, I take my time to sift through my readings and put more effort intoanalyzinga 30 paged journal than just reading the abstract, introduction and discussion.

It must be either the vitamin D talking or my strong determination to score a 90. I know it is impossible to score a 90, especially if you're coming from the arts but I believe that I can. I mean, I have scored 100 out of 100 for history, calculus and 90 plus for all three sciences during the very last years of my school. I even scored a 19 out of 20 for a rather difficult college essay on Freud and Jung, and 90 plus for literature and advanced math.

Often, people wonder why I can score that much. Looking back, I can understand why. Back then, I would really put 100 percent of my heart into work. I would be so gung ho about studying. As years progressed along, I started to wane a little because everything became so much difficult. However, if one keeps doing difficult things, the difficult things become easy to grasp concepts. With this in mind, I am motivated again. Also, I think my intake of Vitamin D has something to do with this because I am not only motivated in my work but also motivated to battle my acne and motivated to become someone who can give something back to the society one day.

They don't call it the happy pill for no reason.

Speaking about giving something back, I would like to share this incredibly easy to prepare Japanese ground chicken rice. I've nicked this off Christine's Recipes again! Her style and approach towards cooking is a little like my mo! m's. So, you'll be seeing a lot of her in my blog. Hehe. I think I have used her recipes a number of times.

Like any recipe that goes through me, I leave a little of myself in it. So don't be surprised if you find something different. Of course, you can still use the original recipe.


Golden rice
Recipe: Japanese ground chicken rice

Ingredients:

A:
3 bowls of leftover rice

B:
400 grammes of chicken breast mine
A pinch of white pepper
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of mirin

C:
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 inch of ginger, grated
2 tablespoons of olive oil + 2 drops of sesame oil
A dash of cooking sake
2 tablespoons of light Japanese soy sauce
A cup of frozen peas

D:
1 spring onion, finely chopped
A pinch of pepper


Top shot.
Instructions:

1. Mix ingredients B together in a bowl. Cling wrap and set aside for 1 hour in room temperature. You can prepare this overnight and leave it in the fridge but remember to bring it out to room temperature 1 hour before cooking.

2. Heat up pan on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When oil is hot, add in ginger. Stir until fragrant. Add in the marinated chicken. Stir for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.

3. Using the same pan, add remaining olive and sesame oil. When oil is hot, add in garlic. Stir until fragrant. Add in rice. Stir on high heat until the rice turns slightly golden. It will take around! 10 minu tes.

4. Add in chicken and frozen peas. As the rice is dried out from the stir-frying, the rice will absorb the marinade from the chicken. When no more gravy can be seen settling at the bottom of the pan, add soy sauce and cooking sake. Stir for another 5 minutes.

5. Turn off heat and serve on a plate. Enjoy it with quick omelette and Japanese pickles. Hehe.



I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. If you find the taste a little bland, feel free to add more soy sauce to the chicken but it should not be too bland. I actually prefer topping the end product with tonkotsu sauce. I use Bulldog brand. It's slightly sweet and sour, which reminds me of the foie gras fried rice I had in the Han Room.


No comments:

Post a Comment