Palalada Restaurant (by Alun-Alun)

While shopping in Grand Indonesia, I discovered there was a restaurant inside Alun-Alun store named Palalada. I tried it for a quick meal, during a Sunday afternoon. It was not very crowded compared to many of the other restaurants of the mall.

They serve fancy Indonesian cuisine, at relatively high prices. Stupidly, I ordered one of the only western dishes they had (Boneless Chicken), so I cannot give a fair review of their Indonesian food. I did tried their Bebek Goreng though (Fried Duck).
I thought the duck was very well-presented and it tasted excellent, but it was so tiny there was hardly anything to eat. The chicken was a very common dish, made with a lack of creativity, and even though it wasn't bad, I could have eaten the same thing in a pub on Jalan Falatehan.

Overall: From my small experience in Palalada, I don't think this restaurant is a must-try in Jakarta: T! he desig n is disappointing knowing the place is owned by an antique shop and the food is pricey (around Rp100k for a meal). Maybe I need to try it again and go for the Indonesian food. Actually, I heard very positive comments about their soto from a friend, who considers Palalada to be one of the best venues in Jakarta for Indonesian cuisine.
Opening Hours:
Everyday from 10am to 11pm

Palalada Restaurant
Alun-Alun Indonesia
Grand Indonesia West Mall, Level 3,
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 1, Jakarta
Phone number: +62-21 2358 0870
Website: http://www.alunalunindonesia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment