corn, buttermilk and chive popovers

buttermilk popovers with corn and chives

I hope you didnt think I forgot about you this week, or actually hopped on a plane to Mexico, as repeatedly threatened during last weeks taco fest. The truth of where Ive been is far less interesting and could be roughly summarized as: man, am I a terrible cook this week. However, the week started out promisingly; I nailed a cookbook chicken dish on the first try (that Id been certain would be no good at all) and brimming with confidence maybe I should trust all of my cooking instincts! maybe I am good at this? I decided to make a dish of slow-roasted vegetables that turn out should never have been slow-roasted, unless vegetable leather is your thing. Oops.

buttermilk, flour, eggs and corn
more corn

I gritted my teeth and decided to move on, as I had on my agenda to prove that my recent acquisition of a popover pan yes, a pan that makes one thing, and one thing only, purchased by the person who used to insist that you buy no single-use items for a kitchen, unless your ! kitchen has cabinets by the dozen, in which case, can I borrow one? because I cant fit this pan anywhere had not been a late-night impulse purchase but a justified step in bringing us my idea of summery popover nirvana. Or something.

splattery batter

... Read the rest of corn, buttermilk and chive popovers on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to corn, buttermilk and chive popovers | no comment to date | see more: Corn, Muffin/Quick Bread, Photo, Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment