Chee Cheong Fun (Rice Sheet Rolls)


Today will be my last paper for this semester.

I cannot believe that half of my third year has gone just like that. I feel that all the essays, readings and studying have kept me very busy. Often, I wished that time would pass a little slower but before I could wish for that, time has already passed me by. Very few tears were spent for this grueling semester compared to others. Perhaps, it's due to my lowered expectations towards my own performance. As the years go by, I learnt that having high hopes from everything that you are unsure of, will only lead you to self-loathing and excessive guilt. Life should not be lived this way. I always aimed for H2Bs and pray for the best because H2B is a safety net. I rarely get anything lower than that, with the exception of singled out lab reports and first year subjects...

While this evening would appear to be my independence day, I would have to start studying for my winter semester subject and complete my household chores. As you have all known, I would be leaving to the States very soon. It sounds like fun but I can assure you, fun is probably 10 percent of the trip. My conscience would nag it me, telling me to finish up my journal (it costs 50 marks and it's a 4000 word journal), blog about the trip to keep my parents and friends updated, finish up my readings and whatever work that needed to be done.

Sigh. More studying. Sometimes, I wish that I'll be back in KL. At least, I get to do nothing for a month. Cascada sings "Evacuate the Dance Floor". I would love to sing "Evacuate my Brain please". You have no idea what's inside my head. If there was a tag cloud, it would be "Addiction, Executive Dysfunction, Stop Signal Task, Colour, Motion, Reichardt Detector". If you lived as me for one day, you might just burst from information overload.




No more neuropsych. Thinking about it makes me queasy. I want to devote this post to chee cheong fun or rice sheet rolls. Rice sheet rolls are something that I grow up with. Living in a country where Chinese cuisine has an important standing, it is an inevitable part of my life. I miss my chee cheong fun a lot. It's so difficult to get good ones. For me, a good chee cheong fun must:

1. Have dried shrimp and scallions embedded in them

2. Very smooth and slippery texture, not grainy.

3. Very thin to the point it's nearly translucent

4. Comes with good soy sauce and sweet and sour chili sauce.

5. Made of fresh rice flour (or else it will smell like cockroaches)

In Melbourne, it's so hard to get good chee cheong fun. I've never came across that I've liked and the store bought ones are disappointing. Unless you are craving for chee cheong fun, I do not recommend you to buy any store bought ones. The ones here fulfill criterion 1, 4 (I prepared the soy sauce condiment myself) and 5. It has a pretty chewy and rubbery like texture. Me no likey.

I know I sound ostentatiously picky but if you've been to Ipohand tried chee cheong fun there,you may just agree with me.

But first things first, do you even like chee cheong fun? Have you heard of chee cheong fun?


Anyway, an update on my chemical peel:




My skin is done peeling. Today is day 11 of the peel. Man. FINALLY.

In my opinion, the 12 percent BHA peel is not strong enough to strip the zits away. Since it's my first peel in the VCI, this is pardonable. I feel that the reason they put the least strongest peel because it has the least complications. However, the peel did work, by speeding up the breakouts. Also, every single whitehead has either turned into a papule/pustule or a blackhead.

So, my cheeks, temples and my left forehead are dotted with pustules, huge and small. My mom calls them "Permanent Residents" because those once-upon-a-time-whiteheads have been staying them for way too long. And the products that I'm using are immigrant officers who will catch them because they have fake PR documents and are upsetting the balance of my skin.

After the peel, my skin felt a lot healthier, less dull and glowing in spite of the red marks. I'll deal with the red marks later with my new Skin Rejuvenating Serum, which contains 20 percent L-Ascorbic Acid. Right now, I still have this colony to get rid off.

Despite the zits, the good news is, parts of my cheeks are now PIMPLE-FREE. Those patches used to have stubborn PRs who don't want to leave in spite of countless extractions. I personally feel that extractions alone won't do the job. Extractions and a chemical peel will get rid of those nasty buggers.

The downside of getting rid those PRs is really itchy acne. Because they are brought up to the surface so quickly and heal so quickly, they itch like crazy each time I do exercise or after I put my Unclog serum. Sheesh. Initially, I thought it was my skin acting up but even after I slap some moisturizer, which contains Niacinamide, Bisalobol and Allantoin (both are! ingredi ents used to sooth sensitivity), on my skin, the zits itch like there is no tomorrow! SIGH.

Before I end this post, if you have a bulbous zit that looks ready to pop, NO MATTER HOW DISGUSTING IT LOOKS, DO NOT EVER, EVER POP IT. You may just regret it as bad as a man regret having an intercourse with a girl without using protection. SERIOUS.



No comments:

Post a Comment