Cafe Vue @ Melbourne Airport, Melbourne

I remember the Melbourne airport not being the most exciting of airports; it was dull and old with a hint of mold when I touched down last July. When I had to fly out in March via Melbourne, I was in for quite a shock as it had undergone a big refurbishment with the most interesting addition being; Cafe Vue.


The "Vue" concept has now a healthy stable of restaurants with Vue De Monde being pretty much synonymous with the Melbourne fine dining scene (although not representative) and the more casual Bistro and Cafe Vue for the budget conscious.


In any case with an hour to spare, I couldn't refuse a coffee and a quick bite since the closest I have been to Vue De Monde is walking past the restaurant.


IMG_4275


What a lovely sight especially if you had to get up at 4am without a coffee.


Picture 008


The menu is relatively if not very simple. Most items sounds like minimal cooking are done on site.


IMG_4276


Back in March, this cup of coffee was the best I had in 6 months which says a lot when you compare the coffee scen! e in Bri sbane and Melbourne.

IMG_4279

I must admit I had no idea what a Duck Egg Bacon Hollandaise Jaffle was but I certainly did not expect a toastie. The toast was a toast and despite the use of duck egg, I couldn't hide my disappointment because I expected something out of the blue (in a good way, not the shocking way). In any case, a search on the word "jaffle" tells me that I indeed ordered a toastie, so oh well, no one to blame except me.


Picture 015

I finished off with a macaron and I remember asking my Twitter followers what flavour do you think it was and guess what, I can't remember now! It was certainly a strawberry theme but the thing that sold me was the filling was a candy, something fizz or rather and I thought it was playful as there is a bit of fizz when you bite into it.

The next time I am popping by, I am making sure it is an afternoon flight because the menu seems far more exciting!

Address and contact details:

Caf Vue at Melbourne Airport on Urbanspoon

Verdict: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars. P! robably the most exciting restaurant in an airport (at least in this part of the world).

No comments:

Post a Comment