Sandra Lee's Bake Sale


Yours truly was invited to Sandra Lee's world's largest bake sale at Grand Central. I was even given an offer to interview the first girlfriend to New York. Did I take it? Sadly no. Korrine's father will never forgive me. My wonderful school would not allow me to miss class for this nor did they let me miss class when my grandfather died nor did they let my friend miss class when she was internally bleeding.

I digress.

The event had all of the big names of New York restaurants and bakeries making small samples to feed an army. All for charity. I arrived their early, played with the new 3DS which is the coolest thing ever (a freebie would be nice). And then had to deal with this:

It felt like black Friday with pastries. There was a point I thought I could body surf against the crowd as I was fighting for a two dollar mini pie. Sandra Lee and Emeril were there. I got a good peek at them but sadly, not a good shot for the class to see.

The selection was fantastic, from ice cream sandwiches to chocolate mousse parfaits. I managed to run away and simultaneously inhale the parfait from Junior's Cheesecake, the cookie pack from Milk and Cookies, and Emer! il's pec an pie. To be honest, with Sandra Lee I was expecting cake mix treats so this was a pleasant surprise, and hopefully a new tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment