Favorites List (Spring 2011)

The plan today was to share a quick little ditty of a pasta recipe. Something I threw together for lunch this week that was super tasty. But as I sat down to type it up, it didn't feel quite right. As much as I want to get back into regular posting mode, your support for my new book has been exceptional, and kind, and - I don't know how else to say it - powerful. Last Tuesday, I looked incredulously at my laptop when Super Natural Every Day cracked the top #50 on Amazon. It has somehow gone on to hover around the #40 mark for the remainder of the week. Then there was the packed turnout at the book signing - to all of you who came out on a weeknight, thank you.

So, the last week has definitely felt great, but also very "me, me, me" - So I thought it might be a great time to turn the table a bit and do a favorites list. I'll type up the pasta for the next go-round, but in the meantime, it just feels good to be able to link back to other people, projects, and things I'm excited about. Share a little link love, you know? It has been a while. I hope you enjoy:

- Enjoyed this documentary. And this is next on my list. And this one.

- Currently, my favorite deodorant. Wild Rose.

- A way to capture a web page, mark it up with feedback and notes, and send it as a PDF. via Jennifer Jeffrey.

- Fantasy Vacation Spot.

- For when I someday set off to India.

- For when you need a laugh. Especially the part about learning to speak European.

- Dorie's Beggars Linguine

- Lunch lady series on Oh, Joy!

- Abitare.

- Homemade Spoon Butter

- This nail polish.

- Cute behind-the-scenes J.Crew goes to Italy video.

- This photo Wayne took of his Grandma.

- Camelias are in bloom everywhere, and I love them. I shot the lead photo up in Point Reyes last week.

- Water color business cards.

- This video shot by photojournalist Steve Gong in North Korea.

- Harvey Faircloth inspiration board.

- Wild Flowers

- We cooked from Moro East and The Essential New York Times Cookbook early in the year, and now we've moved on to Rose Bakery - love discovering all sorts of great new recipes and flavor combinations. Next up: Nigel Slater's Tender V.1 for May/June.

- And for those of you looking for a bit of spring recipe inspiration. Have at it.

And just a last little reminder. I'll be doing one more SF Bay Area signing/potluck this Saturday, April 16, in Berkeley: details here.

Continue reading Favorites List (Spring 2011)...


No comments:

Post a Comment