Review: High Tea at T Forty Two, Bangsar Village II, KL

I've been doing laundry for the past four days, every single day. I am convinced that I am pretty neurotic or something but there's this whole pile of things waiting for me to wash before the weather turns bone cold. I had to do it somehow.

Similarly, I have this pile of photos waiting to be posted up on my blog and reviews to be written. Not to mention, I have a new research essay about Sino-American foreign policy! 2500 words! Sigh.


Anyway, here's my review on T Forty Two.



Smorgasbord of desserts
I first heard about tea forty two from Michelleor was it Joe... hmm but I sort of forgotten that tea forty two existed until I decided to take a stroll at Bangsar Village after a heavy meal at Grand Imperial. That was how I discovered tea forty two. In my first visit, I bought two chocolate macarons as a litmus test.

The macarons were not too sweet and very chocolatey. Texture wise, they are quite soft but since the flavor is decent and considering that that the place is still in its baby days, the macarons are not bad.... compared to the many horrible macaron episodes I had in Melbourne, mind you.


That's my dad y'all.
So, I decided that I should have tea at tea forty two. At least once before I leave for Melbourne where high tea costs a skyrocketing 45 AUD with plain scones, plain sandwiches that are always too buttery for my liking, desserts that can kill your ! health i n a bite and scones that taste like baking soda. The only place where I give two thumbs up for tea in Melbourne is Westin at the CBD, and the Tea Rooms at NGV.


T-forty two.There are two sections at T-forty two. Inside and outside. I sat on the inside when I had high tea because Carmen Soo and her friends were having a party at the outer section of T-forty two.

To macaroons or macaron?On the inside, lights were quite dim. The interior was created to give you at atmosphere that you are smack bang in the middle of Paris. Well, that is my idea of Paris. I enjoyed the look of the place and the attentive service. :)



High tea at T Forty Two is quite pricey (RM 50). Almost hotel standard. High tea at Shangri-La KL and Hilton KL costs RM 45 ++. It comes with a classic three tier stand and a pot of tea or a cup of coffee. Go for the tea. First, it comes by a pot, meaning it will last longer. Also, the tea is from Australia'sT2. Portions are reasonable as well.



Before our tier arrived, we were served with candied almonds. I love the taste of these almonds. A little salty and sweet.



The offerings from the three-tier were not too bad. The scones were piping hot when served. They were good on their own, even without the jam and cream. Alongside the scones were two madeleines. They were not too sweet and very fluffy.

The sandwiches were not just the butter and cucumber sort. Most of them had fresh salad leaves with some herbs, which makes a whole lot of difference. The plainest sandwich among them all was the egg sandwich. Yet, they did not taste blah at all.

My favorite sandwich would be the smoked salmon. Well, that's because I am biased towards all things salmon!



Despite the lovely scones and sandwiches, the desserts were a bit off. Well, during my first t-forty two experience, the macarons tasted lovely. In my this visit, they were a little too sweet for my liking and too soft. :( The chocolate fudge cake was burnt too! T_T

Yet, the hazelnut chocolate truffles saved the day! They were so delicious, I tell you, that I had them all. Well, my dad did not want any and my mom refused to have more than a bite (diet!). So, I was the most advantaged. :D


On the whole, I would rate the high tea experience as so-so. I have two more high tea reviews to write! One is my high tea experience at Hilton KL and another is at Delicious Mid Val! ley. She esh, all these reviews!!!!


Little things:

-Cuisine: Desserts, Cafe

-Budget: I think we spent more than RM 50 because of two additional tea sets...

-Portions: Reasonable.

-Location:
T Forty Two
Bangsar Village II,
No. 2, Jalan Telawi Satu, Bangsar Baru,
Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment