Din Tai Fung Dumpling Bar, Westfield Sydney

Din Tai Fung Dumpling Bar, Westfield Sydney

Din Tai Fung Dumpling Bar is the express version of the ultra-popular World Square haunt. It certainly was zippy when I was there on Thursday: there was zero queue and I handed over my order form with unexpected speed. So good news, the place has yet to inherit the long lines of its predecessor; let's hope that's 'cause it's ultra-efficient and streamlined and not due to it only being open a few days.

Helping to keep the queues short is the compact menu (and yes, Pork Dumpling Xiao Long Bao diehards should be happy to know their favourite made the cut). I like that you can get Vegetarian Wontons in Spicy Sauce ($6), something I didn't see on the World Square menu when I was last there (and, boy, is it way more exciting than the saintly Vegetarian Jiao Ze on offer). If you feel like you won't regret this decision on laundry day, you can also order the wontons in noodle soup, although as I much as I love the feisty, spicy-sweet sauce with its volatile splashback-levels, I'm sure my T-shirt would not.

Din Tai Fung Dumpling Bar, Westfield Sydney

Like at World Square, you can order the Dan Dan Noodles ($10.80), the Mango Pudding ($4.50) and the always awesome Lychee Mint Freeze ($5.80), although beware the weakling straws that are no match for the thick, near-unpiercable plastic cover for the latter beve! rage.
Oh and you still have spying capacity on the dumpling production process, too.

Like the rest of the overdesigned Westfield Sydney complex, it is tricky to find, but the circumnavigating is worth it. After several laps, you'll discover it tucked near the Stage Two food court options on Level 5. Hopefully without any long queue for easy identification.

Level 5, Westfield Sydney, Cnr Pitt St Mall and Market St Sydney, westfield.com.au/sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment